Why is it that so many of the women here hide their name when discussing thier beliefs?

I am a very proud pagan. I understand that most of you do not agree with my path. However I never block my name. I am firm in my beliefs and have no problem with everyone knowing that. But I don't understand why so many of you hide your names. Are you not proud or firm in your religious choices? Or are you just ashaimed and don't want people to know you have those beliefs? I'm not trying to be nasty I just don't understand!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't hide behind the anonymous button very often, maybe one in twenty questions or so. But I either don't answer belief questions at all or I show my face...I'm not afraid =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• 1) They may have nothing "nice" to say, so they hide behind anonymous to be able to say their mean things or

2) Their beliefs are not "mainstream" and some of the other posters here will PM them trying to "convert" them or tell them how horrible they are for believing what they do; They don't want those type of PM so they post anonymously.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I dont usually use the anon button on any issues....b/c if someone has a question about what I said, I want them to be able to ask me....but on a few occasions I have felt anger or aggression from certain posts and dont want "hate" mail or a "follower" I have had that before.....I dont want people harassing me.....as in the past....so I use my judgement. ;) I am a Christian !
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I am and have always been an outspoken Christian. So no I don't hide behind an anonymous button. I have many many times been trashed on here for my beliefs but I stand by them.
    Countrygirlw3

Answer by Countrygirlw3 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Hey Sabrina.....Merry Meet
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think sometimes if people have something that is not very popular then they hit the Anon button. But as for us Pagans, sometimes people can not come out and say who they are out of fear. Fear of threats, fear for their jobs...yep that still goes on.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I NEVER HIDE!!! I STAND STRONGLY FOR EVERYTHING I BELEIVE IN.. SOMETIMES I MIGHT BE CONFUSED BUT I NEVER HIDE...
    TonyaakaMomof5

Answer by TonyaakaMomof5 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• When it comes to the religious or spiritual questions, I don't think I have answered any anonymously, but I don't spend a lot of time in the questions section of CM. I think that in some cases, I would opt to post annonymously to avoid being harrassed by fundies...
    Mama_McD

Answer by Mama_McD at 11:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Oh trust me I don't hide either. Just trying to shed a little light on some of the reasons people I know hide. I am a Proud Pagan and appreciate others who are proud of who they are no matter what they believe
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I will always claim I am proudly a Christian and LDS (Mormon). I don't understand it either. I mean if you believe in it why be afraid to say so. It doesn't mean you have to get in debates.
    tandvjung

Answer by tandvjung at 11:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2008