i'm so disappointed in my dh....

so i got on the computer this morning and dh had left email open and i saw that he told one of his professors that he missed the first day back to Physical Therapy school because his aunt had passed away over the weekend and he was still in kansas. the thing is, he was actually really sick the day he missed class. and he didn't have an aunt that passed away and he never went to kansas! why would he lie about something like that? i'm just terribly disappointed in him right now. am i wrong? i kinda feel like he's a liar right now

pmg1030

Asked by pmg1030 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• He might have felt being sick was not a good enough excuse for missing the first day. I have "embellished" things like this for that reason. Talk it over with him if you want to say you read the email and want to talk. Forget it if you want to just keep it to yourself. If he does not act like this a lot I'd let it go. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have to say, that is kinda strange. If it were me, I'd just ask him about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• some teachers dont care if your sick on first day they will drop you. lots of schools have that policy. but a death in the famiily is something a teacher can understand for missing class.... i think it is wrong but hey do what you gotta do to stay in school!!!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• policy being: you have to attend the first day of class to keep your seat because other students wanting to get into the class
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Maybe he thinks illness is not a reason to miss school. Men see illness as a sign of weakness.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• no, he normally doesn't do things like that...that i know of. he usually gives them the true reason he's not coming in, but he's never had to miss the first day so you ladies make a really good point. i kinda thought that might have been why but it still seemed pretty drastic to me. i think i might just let it go now that y'all have eased my mind. he might feel bad that he had to do that. PT school is very strict after all. thanks so much :)
    pmg1030

Comment by pmg1030 (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Sep. 5, 2010