Do those pregnancy lolly pops for nausea really work? OR can anyone suggest something else that might help?....

reagabismom

Asked by reagabismom at 10:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, they really help a lot. I didn't get the lollipop version, but the hard candy kind, and I loved them.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i drink ensure in the morning. its a quick way to get a meal in your tummy.... usually empty tummys make you sick
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:18 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• They didn't work for me..... Have you tried crackers in the morning? They say to keep something in your stomach... Ginger tea is supposed to be good, vitamin b6 is also supposed to be helpful. The dr can also prescribe meds to help with neasua. Nothing worked for me and I spent 15 weeks in the bathroom every 30 mins, dropped to 110 lbs from 123. Then it went away suddenly and good thing too! Hope you feel better soon!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• vitamin b6 is also supposed to be helpful.

the pops are made of b6. that's the point.

Also, try seabands. They are acupressure wrist bands.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:25 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Room temp. ginger ale with salted crackers helped....I think it's different for each person.....get some ginger root and boil it, add a bit of sugar and drink it like an iced tea, or drink it warm with honey or plain, sometimes nothing works, though...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Ginger snaps, ginger ale, anything with ginger in it. I used to keep a jar of the pickled ginger root that they serve to you with sushi. Sounds weird, but it helped.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I didn't know about the B-natal things until almost the end of the first trimester but they worked great for me (the only thing that worked). I did the green apple lozenges because the nurse said the lollipops might be too tempting for my 3 year old to get into.
    Autumn317

Answer by Autumn317 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2010