What was the last summer you had a major illness that kept you

from from any kind of a vacation? Mine was this one with my back surgery.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Travel

• 2003. I actually had pneumonia in March/April and by the end of May I had a joint infection. The infection was caused by the same bacteria that causes pneumonia. The only way you can get a joint infection is if you blood is infected, or that was the only way I could have gotten a joint infection. There was no other way. But they never did determine how the bacteria from the pneumonia wound up in my blood. I was on heavy antibiotics to clean my system and blood, not too mention surgery on my wrist and then physical therapy. It was literally took a whole summer.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• 2005--my c-section had to be reopened a few days after my daughter was born. I spent the entire summer doped up on narcotics and tethered to a wound vac. I also had to go to the wound clinic several times a week for dressing changes. There was no traveling for me with a newborn and a huge open wound.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• this one.... high risk preg
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:16 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I haven't had anything like that happen, fortunately, but I'll tell you this. I ALWAYS start my freakin' period right when we leave on vacation, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:24 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I got sick on vacation last summer. I drove the kids to California and DH met us there. We spent the weekend with family then did 3 days at DisneyLand. As we were leaving my throat was kind of sore. By the next afternoon in Venice I fell asleep in the sand with my head on my purse. I would fall asleep at the drop of a hat, then the runny nose and fever kicked in. Luckily DH was there to have fun with the kids. I was too exhausted. We actually had to change the rest of our trip (North Rim of the Grand Canyon) because I was still too weak to do more than sit in the car.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• about 2 and a half years ago i was pregnan with my first son and i had a high risk pregnancy so basically from july all the way untilmarch i was in some kind of bed rest sometimes it was partial and sometimes it was complete so i couldnt really do anything it ws the one summer that i really literally spend it at home the only time i would go out was when i had my doctors appoinments
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 10:02 AM on Sep. 7, 2010

• 2004 i had my son by c section
    betty70

Answer by betty70 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 8, 2010