questions about after delivery?? adult content

ok girls need some help here. just a few questions lol. After I had my first DS I only bled for a week and felt back to normal in no time. This time the bleeding (TMI) has turned brown a few times and it's only spotting and then all of a sudden i get a gush of bright red blood. Is that normal?? Also did anyone experience hot flashes or night sweats after delivery? I can't sleep because I wake up burning up and sweating to death but have no fever. It's also a cols sweat ( i feel cold to the touch) i'm a little concerned..could it just be my hormones?

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 10:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The bright red gush of blood tells me you are pushing yourself too hard.

The sweats tell me your hormones are crazy and you probably aren't resting enough, and that you need to even out your calorie intake (you are probably not eating enough protein at each meal.) Eat six small meals throughout the day, and rest when your baby does.

and mention it to your doctor, just to be safe.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:22 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I agree with lovingangels.
    If the blood goes brown then back to red it usually means you are over doing it. Maybe get some help with you other children so you can recover a little?
    It's normal to sweat, especially if you had a lot of water retention.
    Do mention it to you doctor, just in case. And if you get a fever see your doctor right away.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:30 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• everyone in my house is sick with a summer cold so I'm wondering if my body is trying to not get it. The sweats only happen at night but the hot flashes go in periods all day. and I really don't have any help. My inlaws work and the rest of my family are to far away. Also my husband works full time and is rarely home. I gotta clean my house at some point. I've been trying to rest as much as possible but thats hard. My 4 year old starts pre-k this week, 3 days a week for 5 hours so that will give me a break.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yep i agree with the first two answers!! i went through the same thing...the nurses at the hosp said that our hormones surge big time at night so you get hot flashes...the baby senses the hormones and it helps to get them to nurse more so you can produce more milk...mother nature is amaziNG!...and my midwife said if my bleeding got heavier instead of lighter at any time then it meant i was doing too much...rest!!! GL!! oh- you will also have the hormone surges while nursing or pumping...i was just constantly a sweaty mess for the first several weeks
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Wow these Mommies have you some great answers, better than I could have ever said.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:01 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I agree with the other girls. You are doing too much. You need to rest.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2010