Are there any moderates on here?

I have noticed, consistantly, bashes from both sides of the aisle. Conservatives attacking every aspect of Obama's life. Liberals attacking McCain and Palin. Very few times are these bashes based on fact, by the way.

That being said, do we have any moderates on here? I am in the middle between liberal and conservative. I consider myself a moderate liberal because I do not agree with either side completely and I believe that both sides make good points. This election, however, I am voting Obama, making me a "liberal." Anyone else out there that considers themself a moderate?

MommyRust

Asked by MommyRust at 10:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am a moderate conservative. I can't stand all the bickering and fighting. I can see the good and bad in both candidates, but it is their record and their character that I look at. Will they do what they say they are going to do? Every president's hands are tied (at times) when it comes down to it, but will the next president do his best for this country? Those are the things we must ask ourselves.
    aggiechristie

Answer by aggiechristie at 2:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm in a similar position as you, though I consider myself an Independent. I can't stand the label of conservative or liberal, republican or democrat... There are fewer statements from people like us because, quite honestly, we get drowned out by the crowd.

I'm not voting for either McCain or Obama. As unlikely as Nader is to win, at least I have the option.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i don't belong to any party and am, in fact, a registered independant.
    however, i am voting for obama in this election. i don't think voting for either candidate automatically makes you either a democrat or a republican unless of course you vote for a certain party in every election.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm registered democrat, but I fall closer to the middle left than some democrats do. There's a few issues I don't completely agree on, but I certainly don't agree with any of the republican issues. Now, my boyfriend...he's a total liberal if you've ever seen one xP
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• heatherama, I am with you there. People think I am so strange around here because I have an Obama sign and a Mitch Daniels sign in my yard. They always ask, "How can you vote democrat for president and republican for governor?" Well, because I can. I believe in these candidates - I don't vote strictly on party lines!
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 11:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Moderate here lean more Republican on most issues but more liberal on some social issues.
    nomadbrat83

Answer by nomadbrat83 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I am more of a libertarian. I am going to vote for the person who will most likely make my quality of life a little better than it is now. More taxes, increased health care costs, more time away from my family is not my idea of a quality of life. Change isn't always good.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I agree. There are things I like about both parties' main platforms. And there are things I don't like. I tend to be a moderate Republican since I feel that the social programs of the Democratic party are designed to keep the poor and uneducated poor and uneducated and they are too soft on repeat criminals. But I've voted for people from both parties - I vote for the person I think will do the best job, not on that person's party.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I used to consider myself a left-leaning moderate, but I think it's the political spectrum that has changed in the last few decades not me. The more Republicans adopted what used to be far-right policies, the more the spectrum shifted. Now many people who were once moderate are considered "liberal" even though their personal convictions haven't changed much. It's almost like there isn't a place for moderates on the spectrum anymore.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 12:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm a moderate voting for Obama. That does not make me liberal, just a moderate voting for Obama, lol!
    luvnunity

Answer by luvnunity at 12:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008