Whats the difference in a nanny and a babysitter??

Shannon706

Asked by Shannon706 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nanny is full time almost everyday baby sitter is just when you need them
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:25 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• a nanny is someone who is basicaly is an second mother to the child and is always around. A babysitter is only there when the parents need to leave and can't or don't want to take thier child
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I think a nanny lives with you to help take care of the kids, where a babysitter goes home at the end of the night, or after a few hours
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:25 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• A nanny is esentially a babysitter but on a fll time every day basis, there is no definition that says thought that they have to be sleeping at the residence.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Nannies don't necessarily have to live with you. I am a nanny, and I go home at the end of the night. But as a nanny, I'm expected to do more for the children than I would be expected to do if I were a sitter. I make all 3 meals for the children, I make sure the oldest makes it to school and is brought safely home from school. I am there for pretty much their entire waking hours. So there's the difference, in my eyes. A nanny is around more often, is expected to do a bit more, and is a constant fixture in a child's life. Baby sitters are a once in a while thing.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• babysitter is cheaper and basically an on-call freelancer where a nanny is "hired" and stays.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:16 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• to me a nanny is more apart of your team ~part of your family. Like an Au Pair which just means "on a par" or "equal to" a family member. I have 5 day a week Au Pair who does what ever we contract...she needs to take on our style of the family and flow. I pay her 400 a month and she is my laundress, dog walker, designated reader to the kids, light house keeping, run errands, sorta on call for ER visits, or stays home based when I have to go off with sick kids.

She is part of our family~my team but it is really clear she works for us. We have had 3 close Au Pairs or RN's who have been part of our family. It is really hard on the kids when they move on and I have tried to help the kids know we pay them and its their job too. Now I have a RN (funded) and Au Pair...but the RN team can be 3 people and they really have to be stellar to stay (not many RN have ECE skills).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:22 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• A nanny is like a second mother. Teaches them, instills morals & values, cares for them on a physical level as well as emotional level.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010