Do you plan to take time off before having your baby or will you work up until you deliver?

I am a teacher and plan to work up until my delivery date, but I am a little worried about going into labor on the job, should my son arrive early.

charm52

Asked by charm52 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dont work but my husband is taking leave right after the baby is born
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:35 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I didn't work while I was pregant with my first, but if I got pregant now I probably work up until the baby was born, my job is not physically stressful
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I worked right up to the time I delivered with my first 2, and I was a SAHM for my 3rd.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I worked right up to my delivery date. Your school cetainly has a system set up when a teacher is expecting. Be comfortable with that and good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• With my older two, I worked up until the day I went into labor. I had complications with my last pregnancy, so I had to quit when I was 5 months along.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:42 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I don't work right know. I lost the child I was watch a few months ago. But was planning on working up till two weeks before my due date and then take off 8 weeks. But right know I am glad I don't have to worry about that. I will start looking for another child come next February March.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I worked up until delivery with my first and third. Didn't bothr me at all. :)

With m middle I was having early contractions and such and got stuck on bedrest for a while and it was BORING!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I worked right up until I had my kids. I wanted to take the time off after I had them. So that way I could spend more time with them.
    trachmom312

Answer by trachmom312 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Thanks. everyone! I had a very bad complication with my last pregnancy- but with this one- so far so good! I'm hoping I can work the full time up to his due date as I want to maximize the time I have with him at home.
    charm52

Comment by charm52 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I worked up until the day that my baby was born. I had planned on taking off a few days before my due date if I made it that far. but i was informed that unless my doctor found it medically necessary for me to miss work that there was no reason for me to go ahead and take my leave. When I asked my doctor he advised me that he couldnt tell them that there was a medical reason. and that being pregnant wasnt enough reason to start my leave. Unfortunately being healthy at that point made things a little harder on me. But the upside was that I got to spend more time with my little one once she was born since I hadnt used any time prior to delivery
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010