Does your hubby put you down?

mine does all the time I cant do nothing right @ all. just last night because I was late coming home with food he said I didnt love my 6 yr old or him he yelled at me on the phone like I am a kid instead of his wife does you hubby do this to you or is it just me!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• No....my dh and I have an unspoken rule about speaking with respect to each other.....b/c you cant take words back....they always reverberate in your mind.....my dh has NEVER called me any names or yelled at me.

There is such a thing as verbal abuse and you dont have to take it......I would suggest finding a good therapist for you and your dh....and if he refuses to go....you go alone......it will help you to have another opinion and someone to help you make decisions.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• No...never. That is definitely verbal abuse. i would seek some support like the first poster advised.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• No. You should not allow your husband to talk that way to you. A marriage is supposed to be a wroking partnership- not one person bashing the other. I would definiely talk to him about it. Maybe marriage counseling would be a good thing for you guys. You do not deserve to be treated that way. You don't wnat your son to grow up thinking its ok to treat women like that. I don't like to tell people to get a divorce- I think you should try all other options, but I would not allow him to treat you that way anymore. You are not his child- your his wife, his partner.
    mykidsrock77

Answer by mykidsrock77 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Recently, my dh has become very angry whenever I express my concerns or worries regarding something. He yells and swears at me, it really bothers me when he does this in front of one of my four sons from a previous marriage. If he finds something "wrong" or "amiss" with the car or house, he immediately blames me! I can't defend myself at all, or he just goes "off" further. I am very frustrated and lonely. I am getting all the brunt of his dissatisfaction with himself and his life, I think. Its really verbal abuse and I am not a "timid" type who normally would take this behavior. But its been so shocking and I have been ill, so its really left me confused and upset.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• If anything, I have a bad habit of putting my boyfriend down : / He's the sweetest guy ever, he would never tell me anything I didn't deserve to hear. I have a bad temper and a loose tongue sometimes, yanno? I don't ever really mean anything that I say (I mostly get mad over stupid mundane childish things), and I would NEVER say he didn't love our daughter. It sounds like your husband is verbally abusing you :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• absolutely not...the respect street runs both ways...you teach people how to treat you.....if they get something over on you one time and you just lay down and take it, they will continue till you put a stop to it. EVERYONE deserves respect.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• To annon at 11:09 none of this is your fault. You owe it to yourself and your 4 children to seek counseling.  If he won't go then you go alone.  Or just join any type of group outside the home something to help you see you are a good person.  Stay strong and keep posting. I am sure there are a lot better Ladies on here that can help better than I can.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• No- that's verbal abuse. You should really talk to him about that or maybe he should get help. It's not good for you or your kids
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• yes when my husband gets really angry he puts me down alot and calls me stupid and all that other crap but i do it straight back to him and then later we both apologize b/c we were so mad and we just blurted out words just to hurt each other we have gotten better though. we have started praying together as a family and that has helped tremendiously. good luck.
    Anonymous

• do you live at my house and i don't kow it my hubby acts the same way
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008