Can you find one nice thing to say about both candidates?

Okay, I want to see if this is possible. Can you please post one nice thing about both candidates without resorting to rudeness and ignorant bashing. I am not asking for comments such as "McCain - He isn't Obama." or "Obama - He isn't McCain." Seriously, people.

I'll start:
Obama - He is a wonderful speaker and I believe fully in his plan for the economy.

McCain - He has more experience and he has great knowledge of foreign policy.

MommyRust

Asked by MommyRust at 11:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I just love this question!! It's such a welcome relief from the prevailing negativity.

I believe that both McCain and Obama love this country and want to do what they feel is best for Americans. Both men are intelligent and passionate. McCain has served our country well in many ways for many years and I hope he continues to do so no matter what the outcome of this election. Obama is calm, level headed and is a breath of fresh air after so many years of uninspiring political races.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 12:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• ""McCain - He isn't Obama." or "Obama - He isn't McCain."
    LOL! I'm glad you said that...how many times has someone answered with that?!

Here's mine:

Obama- He gives me hope and I feel that he is the best option for our country right now.

McCain- He survived being a POW, which is kind of amazing.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Obama- He is a wonderful speaker and motivator
    McCain- He has served his country in many way and has experience
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 11:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Obama ~ He is a wonderful speaker and from what I can tell, really thinks about what he wants to say before he says it. He doesn't seem to be prone to emotional outbursts and some of his plans sound really good. I like the fact that he seems to have a strong sense of family values.

McCain ~ He has a lot of experience and he has a good knowledge of foreign policy. He can be a strong speaker when it's a topic he really believes in or has knowledge of. He seems to answer questions asked of him directly. I like the fact that he served in the military and so would have knowledge and experience with dealing with military issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Obama- He gives me hope and I feel HOPE is something this country and many people here need.

McCain- He survived being a POW which shows strength.
    littleangelkiss

Answer by littleangelkiss at 11:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• there is a part of me that will always love john mccain because he was the first candidate i was really passionate about. i'm not supporting him in this election but i still think that he would have made an amazing president in 2000.

as for obama, he cares a great deal about the same issues that i care about and that are important to me right now.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I believe both are truly good men in their own rite. I have respect for both of them.
    goddessmonica

Answer by goddessmonica at 12:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Obama- He's good looking! A fantastic speaker and smart!
    McCain- A true veteran, and a great fighter!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Obama is a good speaker.
    McCain is very passionate.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• McCain - has so much strength of character and brilliance in his 2000 campaign that I have to hope if he were to win the election my country would be in the hands of that man. It couldn't have been a fluke.

Obama - is truly the best candidate currently that embodies McCain's original strengths from 2000.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 12:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2008