How long did you stay at 1cm?

Went to the doc on tuesday and I was 1 cm at 36 weeks. Based on my internal exam the doc thinks my little one will be arriving early. This is my first baby so how likely is it that my doc is right and I will deliver before my due date?

newchapternlife

Asked by newchapternlife at 11:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well with my first daughter i was at 1 cm for about 3 weeks it seemed like ......and im not sure about the due date but what i can tell you is me and everyone i know that has had babies has never delivered before there due date it seems like.....but best of luck to you.....best wishes
    Rebecca.R.

Answer by Rebecca.R. at 11:15 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• With my first I was 1 cm at about 34 weeks and stayed that way for a while. I was induced 2 days after my due date. This pregnancy I was 1 cm and 50% effaced at 36 weeks, stayed 1 cm but effaced to 60% the next week, 1 1/2 cm & 60% at 38 weeks, and at my 39th week check up I'm at 2 cm & 60% with my due date on Tuesday with nothing but false contractions here and there (thought for sure I'd be dilating more with them). That said, I don't think that it's a good indicator of when you'll be going into labor but I'd be ready just in case.
    Autumn317

Answer by Autumn317 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I would think it varies from woman to woman. Just relax and enjoy your last few weeks.  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• umm I never got past 1 1/2 cm. after 8 hours on potcin I didn't progress any farther with my first and I believe I went in a 1. I knew someone who was at like 3 cm for a few weeks. the doctors never know for sure.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• with my second son, at 34wks I was at 2cm stayed their til my water broke at 38wks, I never made it to my due date..
    AirforceWife654

Answer by AirforceWife654 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Iwas a finger tip, almost a 1 at 36 weeks, a full on 1 and 25% effaced at 37 weeks, a full on 2 and 50% effaced at 38 weeks and when i went to be induced at 39 weeks i was a 3 and 75% effaced.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• with my 1st n 3rd about 3 wks with my last about 5 days
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 3:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2010