Are women equal to men in church?

I notice most churches don't allow women to do a whole lot when it comes to preaching, pulpit activity what is your take on this?

grandmasix

Asked by grandmasix at 11:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Woman and Men were created equal; however women and men each have their own roles.

Honestly, being a Catholic-Christian, where only men are ordain, I don't have an issue with only men doing the preaching at the pulpit.

It doesn't mean that women can't be teachers or be spiritual leaders. I mean I'm my children's primary teacher and spiritual teacher. What they learn about God and Faith they primary learn from me.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I am studying to be a pastor. My pastor will probably be happy to hand over the pulpit at times.
    Darla58

Answer by Darla58 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I was listening to a Christian radio station and they had a poll on this once. It was a Catholic based talk show that was on at the time and I couldn't believe all the people (men and women) who called in and forcefully said that women should NOT have any prominent roles in the church. I was really shocked by this. They said the MEN should NOT be seeking spiritual advice from a WOMAN EVER!
    Forgive me for saying this but I'm sorry, I have just as many "smarts" about God as any MAN. I was not happy to hear that at all. Needless to say, this certainly helped me say goodbye to the CATHOLIC way of life. That's just crazy. I think women and men should have equal roles in the church. There is no reason why a woman can't stand at the pulpit and preach just as well as a man.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 12:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• We are equal in my church.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I agree with SAHMinIL... men and women are created equal but have different roles. That applies to Church, home, family, etc. Many women today think this makes us unequal, but we are complementary, and I think it's a blessing.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• When it comes to ministries and being called by God...equal.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i'm catholic but I have always had a problem with teh fact that only men can be priests.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 6:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• According to god, women are not supposed to be the spiritual leaders in worship and teachings, like pastors, priest, elders, or what have you. Not to the public, or congregation. It is in the Bible, I was just reading that the other day. I feel that men are to do this in accordance with God and the teachings of Jesus. I also feel that if a woman prays and there are men around, they should cover their head to show that they are not the head of house hold. 1st Corinthians 14:34. This is what god has to say about women in a congregation.
    Anonymous

• eye rollingOf course, that's what the (cough, cough) Bible says, which was (cough) decided upon by (cough) um, (cough) men. 

jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I was raised apostolic but no longer practice. I was raised that women had no place in the pulpit. There place was in the pews. Low and behold the better preachers i have seen were women but thats my own two cents
    sierra_617

Answer by sierra_617 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2008