what time of the day did labor start?

i know my first was in the middle of the night, but i was wondering if it can start during the day? what were you doing how did you know it had started all the sudden? were you just doing daily chores then bam..... tons of pain or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Labor can start at any time. Most of the time when people talk about the statistics and babies being born at night and labor starting at night its not taken into consideration that inductions are included in this number. If you go to the hospital in the morning and they get everything started actual labor could most likely occur at night. That being said, my water broke at 830 pm with no contractions. I was just sitting on the couch talking to my husband. We had been to a outdoor festival that day and I was exhausted. I went to the hospital and they started a pitocin drip to get my contractions going. i started to feel them at around 3 am. started pushing at 11 am. and then at 1:09 the next afternoon I had my beautiful little girl!! :)
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My water broke at 11:15 at night... But, during the day I just felt "different"... I was really really swollen and I never got swollen during my pregnancy.... I had my son 21 hours later.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 3:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• All my labors were early in the morning. Between 4:30 and 7 am. My labor progressed quickly, and all my kids were born by the following afternoon. With my last, I ended spending the whole day cleaning. I couldn't get to sleep because I had this drive to clean. Finally, I stopped, and I woke up at 4 in the morning. There was blood everywhere, I took a shower and the baby was born at 8:51 that morning. She was my third.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• ive had my kids all diff times of day it was much easier labors in the am ..
    mommyny6

Answer by mommyny6 at 3:08 AM on Sep. 6, 2010