do people not realize....

that a bartenders time is money? I worked last night and it seemed like it was the night for people to not know what they wanted to order and then take forever to dig money out of their purses... and the men are not off the hook... it took one man a total of 5 mins to decide how he was gonna pay for his drinks.... can anyone explain to me why this happens????

springsmom0322

Asked by springsmom0322 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• i know when im drinking i have no concept of time
    Riosmommy

Answer by Riosmommy at 11:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yikes. People go to bars to relax, I believe. I understand your time is money, but there is nothing I dislike more than being rushed. Places like Walmart stress the crap out of me. When I was managing a salon at the mall, I always told my customers, (who felt pressured at the checkout), "Hey, take your time, this is not Walmart".
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:43 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• if you have stood there for a few mins waiting to be served and then waited again while your drinks were being made that should be plenty of time to get the $ out...
    springsmom0322

Comment by springsmom0322 (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• LOL! I am sorry, I can empathize with you, but sometimes, especially at a bar, the concept of time seems to be lost, at least for me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I feel for ya...you wait and wait on the person, and then they leave you a crappy tip
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• No, I don't think they realize that. Then again they're there to party and get drunk they don't care. They're not there for you, so they're not going to have their stuff together. I agree that they should have their order ready and their method of payment ready. Regardless if time is money or not, it's only polite.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• re lax lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I think you are over reacting. Be glad you have customers there and paying you at all. So it takes someone a minute or two to get their money out- BIG DEAL.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Wow, I guess I tip for service which may include keep a smile on your face when I have to find cash, I me crowed bars are not the easiest to think in. Personally My bartender see me coming in and has my drink ready before I hit the bar. I don't even have to give a card to open the tab he just takes care of it at the end of the night I close out.
    MrsWeathers

Answer by MrsWeathers at 8:19 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Tell them you'll be back and wait on someone else in the meanwhile.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2010