What would you do if?

What would you do if you caught your SO looking through personals on craigslist?
Never cheated or given me reason to think he has cheated.
Says he was just curious. Now im having a hard time trusting him again. Both my ex husbands cheated on me in the past and its my biggest fear!!! and he knows it.

we have 3 kids together and I dont want to lose him. I love him with all my heart. I just don't know if I can trust him again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• that would really upset me...not much you can do i guess but you def have a right to be worried
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It wouldn't bother me. I always read through the personals, I find them funny...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I do too Sabrina! If that's why he was looking then I wouldn't be mad. Some personals are hilarious. Now if his intentions were different then I'd be upset. Just ask him why he was looking.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:42 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It depends. Was he hiding it from you? If he was acting evasive, I'd be suspicious that it was more than curiosity.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:42 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I wouldnt worry unless he is giving you reasons to think he is cheating.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I would wonder why he was curious...

If hes doing this cause he is bored, he may want to find another hobby, especially since it bothers you, even if its just a small thing on his part.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Most men use 'bored" as an excuse. I'd watch him closely and make him really think about his actions.. I'd ask him how he'd feel if I did the same. Oh and remind him that most women on those sites have std's.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Since your feelings of trust appear to have been compromised - it is important to have open communication. You may start by using "I" statements. Best wishes.
    805Therapy.com

Answer by 805Therapy.com at 12:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Depends on why he was curious. Curious about what's out there? Curious because they ARE funny? Curious WHY? I mean, if ya'll look at them together, kinda like watching a comedy show on TV, then that's one thing. But if he's looking because he's curious as to what else may be out there, then there's a problem. Ask him do explain his curiosity. But don't be accusing him of anything. Don't be mean or anything. Or, you can look at the one's he looked at, and figure it out yourself. If they look funny, then you'll know. If they look more, serious, then ya'll need to sit down and talk.
    My first gut reaction would be to attack. Not physically though.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Ok, I would attack because I have looked at the personals on there, and they are hysterical. Especially the ones that put up pics, naked ones, that they think are hot. I about peed myself! BUT, I told my hubby cause it was hysterical, and I didn't want him to find that I had looked without telling him. To me, looking at something like that and not telling is hiding. I'm not cool with that.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010