I feel icky. Help, please?

I think I caught a bug from the children I nanny for. They all had coughs and runny noses. For the past couple of days now, I've had a cough and a horrible sore throat, with occasional nasal stuffiness. Anyone know any good home remedies to have me feeling better fast? I have today and tomorrow off, I really don't want to still be feeling like poo when I go back to work Tuesday. Chasing 4 kids around when you feel icky is no fun, and I need the money, so I don't want to call in sick unless I'm dying. I'm the same way about doctors. Silly, I know, but I've never been one to go in for ever sniffle and sneeze. We're also leaving for vacation to the beach next Saturday. I'd like to have this nastiness banished by then. Thanks!

Eviesmommy

Asked by Eviesmommy at 11:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• Rest as much as you can. Get as much liquids as you can. Be it chicken soup, water and some Gatorade. As for the sore throat some tea with honey added. I hope you feel Better.. Wishing you well.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i have been unemployed for over a year so i was lucky enough to be able to stay in bed the last time i got sick and i was AMAZED at how fast i was feeling better...i was pretty sick too..but in the past i was never able to rest that much when i was ill...so just stay in bed and sleep as much as possible and you might be surprised!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• tylenol and liquids...go to bed and rest. change your pillow case every night and morning, put out new towels and wash out your drinking cup (glass...I don't think we have an glass left here) with hot soapy water and let it air dry after every chunk of water you put down.

put your shoes outside in the sun. when you get back to work wash your hands and the kids constantly...and cough or sneeze into your elbow area, not your hands...

I bet you get better fast~no aspirin until your are over 25 (just in case you are a youngling).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:48 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I guess it's off to bed with me. Thanks ladies! Been drinking tea with lemon and honey, it has helped. I'm honestly surprised this happened. I'm an obsessive hand washer, and I'm constantly reminding the kids to wash theirs too. Guess a year as a stay at home mom has weakened my immunities a bit...
    Eviesmommy

Comment by Eviesmommy (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010