why do u rent?

Just wondering why uu rent?

four2bmws

Asked by four2bmws at 11:45 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Cheap. We pay only $425/month and that includes water. Plus, when something breaks down, we don't have to pay for it, we just call the landlord and usually it gets fixed. Also, if shit hits the fan, we're not stuck with a mortgage hanging over our heads. Right now, my husband is the only one working and we just don't have the money for a down payment, taxes, insurance for a home, all that.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Because right now my credit is to crappy to get a loan. I cant wait to own.
    kimmykat

Answer by kimmykat at 11:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• When my husband and first got married a big reason we rented is that we didn't want to be tied down in the State we lived in, we wanted to eventually move to a different State so there was no reason in buying something there. Now we are in the State we want to be in, we'd like to buy but at this point don't have money for a down payment and what-not so we'll stick with renting while we save up money.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Because we can't afford to buy our own place right now, and because we're still not sure where life is going to take us.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We don't but the only reason I'd do it was if we had to move a lot or we didn't have money to buy a house.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I want no ties here in Virginia right now, but once I get my bachelors degree, I'll be moving to Washington DC, and "I WILL" buy a house there. With renting you can give a 30 day notice , but you can't do that when you're buying. There is so much legal issues you have to go through to get out of a contract.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We're a military family, and we all know how often the moves are. There's no way I"m getting a house, then getting stuck with two mortgages when we have to move somewhere else, since you never know if or how fast you'll be able to sell a house. So for now, we rent and that's why. We would LOVE to stop throwing money into rent someday though, and be able to have our own home. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Our house was foreclosed on and now we are stuck with renting which isn't to bad, we don't pay for water/sewer and anything that goes wrong we don't have to hire our own guy we just call the manager
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We are military, also. And even though lots of military folk by houses, and either sell them or rent them out, I don't want to chance it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We bought a house once, in another state. We didn't want to, but we couldn't find a house to rent that worked. We needed a place to live, so we just settled. I hated that duty station, got really depressed, and we didn't get along very well there. We ended up getting foreclosed on. I know we'd be able to buy another home, he's already called. Right now, he wants desperately to buy another home. But I'm terrified. Plus, I don't want to settle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010