The parties will soon be laying out their plans

Obama says he as a new economic program to help get us back on track. The Republicans will be coming out with their counter ideas within a few weeks.
What do want to hear? What do you think will work?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope he has something in mind to help us out of this. We use to be 1st. That is why people wanted to come here. Now, under PBO and the progressive plan, we are last behind FRANCE! He seems to only think that we will improve by spending. He has spent and spent and it got worse and worse. His "pick me up" was that is isn't as bad as it would have been. He doesn't know that. That is pure spec.. However, I do know how bad it is. Now, he will cut taxes. Ok, that got my attention. Oh, wait, he's calling it a cut, but really it is an increase. Word play - I hate word play. At least the repubs. have a very defined set of objectives. The progressives continuously say they don't, but they have and aren't allowed to publish them. They will now. And, they will work.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12963

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I know this is going to sound jaded, but I don't think that a plan introduced by either party, regardless of how good it sounds, is going to actually get acted upon anytime soon. After they get done fighting about it, posturing politically, and adding pork, we'll have yet another "great idea gone wrong." I'm hoping that the political climate will change after the November elections.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• scuba: one of the planks in the repub plan is to make "pork" in bills illegal for both parties at any time for any reason. If you want an appropriation, right a bill for that spending and send it through. No more attachments at the last minute from anyone. This is something I can get behind.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• ****write***** not right.............can you say "brain fart"?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I love the idea of no pork! That's a great idea!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• What do I honestly think will help? First, stop extending unemployment benefits. I'm not doing this to be cold hearted, but I have dealt with people all over this country who are looking for work and I can tell you now that if they know they're getting an unemployment check then they aren't willing to do certain types of work. I have over 40 labor positions that I'm trying to fill and I've got people who have been out of work for months, sometimes years, who say no because it doesn't pay enough. The thing is, we offer a LOT of overtime and there are people netting over $1,000 a week with us. But you have to WORK for it.

Second, help areas where the economy is good. I don't mean necessarily give us federal money. But it would be nice if the state of North Dakota would give us a chunk of the money they're making off the oil boom here to help infrastructure so that the housing shortage could be addressed more quickly.
    NonnasMomma

Answer by NonnasMomma at 2:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The sooner the housing shortage is addressed the more people will be able to come here and actually work here. (As well as afford to live here.) And I don't think it's unfair for the areas who are contributing the most money on an economic level to the state to get some of that money back in order to support the increase in population and size.

Third, cut pork like everyone else said. That's by far one of the best suggestions.

Fourth, stop spending money on things that clearly aren't working. We've had how many stimulus's (both signed by Republican and Democratic presidents) and yet we're still not doing so well? Maybe it's time to approach things differently.
    NonnasMomma

Answer by NonnasMomma at 2:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Obama says he as a new economic program to help get us back on track.

***
    Then why hasn't Obama presented and implemented that plan WHILE he is currently POTUS?! Why wait to use it for a campaign tour? Oh, wait....THAT'S what he does...empty suit...empty promises...empty ideas...that's change for ya!! *sigh*
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I LOVE the Republican plan of not being able to "sneak" pork into the bills. What a novel idea!! Voting on a bill that is as self-explanatory as it's title!!!

Now THAT'S change I can believe in!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Awww! No pork gets a vote down! hehe! who did I piss off today! Yippity do da I'm one of the cool kids, got me a stalker, woohooo!!!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010