how can i forgive and move on adult content

my best most trusted friend whom i and my 13yr old daughter spent 7 years with molested my daughter for 3 months before i walked in my babygrls room and seen it. i had him arrested.but its on my mind,everyday i dream about him every night it"s like torture i seem to find no pleasure or joy.at this point,Idont know to feel better or move on any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't have an answer, but here's a bump. & ((hugs))
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 11:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Go to church or talk to a clergy
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You need to talk it out and even if it means you take a self defense class. The biggest hurdle your going to have is the guilt. Take it in your hands when you go to self defense class or even martial arts and use it to help yourself and your daughter. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• you both need therapy. as soon as possible. you'll learn ways to cope with the guilt, and she'll learn how to deal with it all.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 12:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Time and therapy.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:42 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Time and therapy is what you need and if he ever hurt my child, that's what I'd be doing is TIME. I don't think I'd be concerned about your feelings for him, good or bad, but more concerned about you little girl. To hell with him, and that's where he should be. There is a group in here for that and maybe they could be of help to you. Good luck to you and your little girl.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I agree with the PPs. Time, therapy, and (if you are religious) talking to a member of clergy may help you BOTH. Remind yourself and your daughter that this is NOT because of anything either of you did wrong, and that sometimes people just do very bad things. I think maybe the reason you're having so much trouble is because neither of you have forgiven yourselves. You have to let go of all the blame you put on yourself and just realize that it is over now, and the two of you need to recover.

This is a horrible thing, and I have been through it myself. I am so sorry your daughter is dealing with this, and so sorry you are too.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:09 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• remind yourself it is not your fault and you did nothing to ask for it. they do have groups that you can go to that will help you talk you feelings out and put it behind you. they helped me when I was going though it.
    racing.girl

Answer by racing.girl at 9:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• You forgive because it is the right thing to do. You forgive because you do not want to carry this around for the rest of your life. Let it go, and find it in your heart to move past this ordeal. This individual is not worth you going through life being miserable.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Hell with that.. I don't forgive.. I don't even know the POS and I HATE him for you. I hope he gets raped in beaten in jail and DIES DIES DIES. grrrrrrrr
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 12:07 PM on Sep. 6, 2010