What is the matter with me?

Everyday I do the same thing.....get up take care of the babies. I hardly ever leave the house but I dont know what I feel like doing. I'm never really happy lately. I feel like I am going out of my mind. I dont know what to do with myself. I'm sad most of the time but nothing happened to me that I should be upset. I dont have a job yet i am tired all the time and whenever I feel like I need a break my dads words run through my head "right, you need a break....casue your life is so rough huh?" so sarcastic. what should i do.

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• sounds like you do need a break. a day to yourself- or just a couple hours. I stay at home with my two little ones and for a while thought I was going crazy. I told my dh that I needed some "me" time. Every other week I go to dinner with the girls and have a few drinks. I try to go on play dates with other mommies outside of the home- at the park or playground. It is nice to have adult conversation! Try to get a haircut every few weeks- or a pedicure. Just going to walmart by yourself can really recharge you. I do not go grocery shopping with my kids- either my dh or MIL will watch them. Like the other answer said- take B vitamins- they really help!!

Answer by cmlowery at 7:56 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Honey, it sounds to me like you have got the mommy blues! lOL Plan a day away..maybe a spa day. Get on some multi vitamins and extra B vitamins. Keep your chin up are not alone!

• you maybe a little depressed....try doing something for yourself....go buy yourself a Wii, and get guitar Thats what I do when I need a rockin pick me up...haha

Answer by Anubis8733 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Dedicate a set time each day to go walking (30 min minimum. If you can't get the time alone, just take your babies with you. Also a women's multivitamin will give you some energy.

Answer by incrediblydee at 8:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Everyone needs a break once in awhile. You should take some time out for yourself. I have a dad that would make the same kind of comments. He also thought it was funny that a C-Section was considered surgery! Obviously he is wrong on both counts. You need to take some time to destress and unwind or you will only feel worse and it will affect your children. They can sense when you are stressed out. Do take a good vitamin supplement and you may also want to consider a progesterone balancing cream. Your hormones have probably not gotten the chance to get back to normal after having your kids and stress can cause even more of an imbalance. I used Arbonne's Prolief Natural Balancing Cream when I was going through similar feelings and it really helped me.

Answer by rasbneon at 10:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Being tired is a sign of depression, so is lack of energy and lack of desire to do anything. No else asked-how old are your babies? Could you be suffering from postpartum depression? Besides everyone's excellent advice-the old advice-eat right and get plenty of rest. If these do not help, I think you should see you physician.

Answer by MizzT at 1:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Thankyou everyone for all your helpful advice. By the way my son is 8months old today and the other baby is actually my sisters boy, but I'm the one who mostly takes care of him. Plus he lives with me. He's 1 year. My son and his cousin are only 5 months apart. I am going to take all of your advice and take a little bit of time off for myself. And i will also look into those vitamins.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2008