I'M ALMOST 34 WEEKS WITH MY 3RD CHILD.

i AM ALMOST 34 WEEKS PREGNANT WITH MY 3RD CHILD. SHE'S ALREADY IN FETAL POSTION HAS BEEN FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW. THE PELVIC PRESSURE IS CONSTANT NOW. USUALLY IT WAS JUST AT NIGHT WHEN I WOULD GO TO ROLL OVER OR GET UP NOW ITS WELL IT'S BEEN ALL MORNING THIS MORNING. LAST NIGHT I WAS HAVING MILD CONTRACTIONS AND THEN ABOUT 2 DAYS AGO I WAS HAVING SOME BROWN DISCHARGE. I KNOW THIS SOUNDIG CRAZY BUT I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT LABOR MEANS I GOT MY EPIDORAL EARLY WITH BOTH MY OTHER TWO KIDS BECAUSE I WAS ENDUCED. TODAY I'M CRAMPING AND FEELING THE PRESSURE WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? DO I JUST NEED TO WAIT FOR MY WATER TO BREAK? WOULD SHE BE OKAY IF SHE WAS BORN NOW? SINCE I'M ALMOST 34 WEEKS?

proudmom2356

Asked by proudmom2356 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i think i would wait to see what happens. I lost my mucus plug with my son at about 34-35 weeks and then from weeks 37-39 i was having false labor so it could just be your body getting ready.
    bc19

Answer by bc19 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i would go to the hospital because i was pregnant with my second and i too was induced b4 and had the epidural but didn't know what labor was. i lost my mucus plug and was having some contractions..i called my doctor and she said to go to the hospital, and its a good thing i did because i was 6 centimeters dialated and if i waited much longer they wouldn't let me have the epidural. my first child was born at 34 weeks (he had to be induced do to pregnancy complications) he came out perfect he was preemie and considered a lil small but he didn't need to go to the NICU. but they had also given me a steroid that would help develop his lungs because they wern't sure if they were fully developed yet. so yea i would definately go to the hospital and make sure ur not in labor.
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 11:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I would definitely call the doc. Any time a baby is born before 38 weeks they are considered premature.
    bakerbabymom

Answer by bakerbabymom at 12:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008