for how long can you use frozen roasted turkey?

I have some frozen roasted filo turkey since Christmas (man I can't believe it's been so long, this because I use fresh meat all the time actually). I was wondering if it is ok to use it or no. It's been 10 months now since I put it in the freeze. thank you

r_b

Asked by r_b at 11:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Food & Drink

• it should be fine if it's wrapped well meaning no cold can get to the meat itself and as long as you don't keep thawing and refreezing, i had turkey from last thanksgiving and used it just 3 months ago and it turned out great.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 11:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I agree, if it has been kept frozen well it can still be used. The taste may have gone downhill, which is why it is recommended just a few months. You may want to try a taste to make sure it doesn't have the freezer-burned taste. I've used turkey frozen that long and had no trouble with it, great in soups and casseroles especially.

Answer by Bmat at 2:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• thank you! I am trying to use it in a casserole today. I am a fan of fresh meals and I am learning about freezing stuff, meals, since it helps a lot especially when life gets pretty busy. thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!
    r_b

Answer by r_b at 5:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2008