Blocked tear ducts

When did your little one's blocked tear duct open up?

mommylove620

Asked by mommylove620 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had bilateral blocked tear ducts. He had surgery when he was 8 months old. He had tubes put in his ears at the same time. I remember holding him in the or recovery room and I was crying because it was the first time my son cried and had real tears in his eyes.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 12:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My daughter had surgery at 18 months to open them up. We tried everything to get them to open but they were both still completely blocked so she had to have surgery. She's almost 8 now and has no ill effects from the surgery and doesn't remember it.
    Our 7 1/2 week old now has blocked ducts. We're trying to get them to open so he won't need surgery, too.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I just used a warm wash cloth and put it in the corner of her eye and put JUST a little pressure on it and then would wipe off her eye.. it took about a week of doing that 2 times a day then it opened up!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 3:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• yeah, my son had that- ^^ i did what rand did it worked
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010