What is the easiest way to remove gum from carpet?

I will test everyone's answers to see which one works the best as I have at least 5 spots in the same area. Thank you in advance for your help.

ChicaThis

Asked by ChicaThis at 12:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would 'freeze' it with ice cubes so it is solid. Then you can pick it off with a fork. Hairspray also dissolves the sticky residue as well as orange oil.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 12:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Does your carpets company have an idea that they recommend? Otherwise, ice it and scrap it gently off with a dull butter knife. Best of luck to you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Make sure it is hard. If not put ice on it. Get a razor and slowly scrape it up, if necessary cutting the threads of carpet. You can use peanut butter also but that is pretty messy in itself.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I use Lickity Split by Kirby...That stuff gets anything out!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I use to own a janitorial company years ago and cleaned restaurants, banks and offices. I used a product that you can buy at any janitorial store and it brings it right up. An added tip.... janitorial supply stores are a great place to buy your cleaning supplies in large quantities and usually work better than what you buy at the market. You do not have to be a business owner to buy there.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 3:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2010