What are some simple gifts I can give my husband for his birthday?

I was going to get him something extremely special, but it was going to require me to do some part-time work to earn some more money. Well, I didn't get to get a part time job because of some issues I've been having with my pregnancy. His birthday is next week, and I have no clue what to get him...HELP PLEASE!

DereksBabyMomma

Asked by DereksBabyMomma at 12:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Make him a gift certificate booklet. Whatever special things he likes, that he doesn't necessarily get often. Or that he doesn't get without giving something in return.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• That is an awesome idea....and it could be naughty or nice haha THANKS!
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My favorite birthday gift I got my husband was simple. I cleared out the dining room and made a makeshift tent like you do when you are a kid, I got chalk and drew a huge chess board on the driveway and made a great dinner. When he got home we played humongous chess with soup cans and macaroni boxes as the players and we ate on the floor and slept in our tent. It cost me nothing other than dinner and he still talks about it.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• That's so sweet!...very creative too!
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• On his day off make him breakfast in bed. Then give him a nice long backrub. Then just before you go to bed, if you can, give him some good sex.

That would be my husband's ideal birthday! Haha
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Try just being with him
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• we've been together almost every single day, just the two of us, since may...you'd think we'd be tired of quality time, but we still crave it. I guess it's because we've both been hurt so badly in our pasts.

I would do the breakfast in bed thing, but he gets up before me, and has to help me up! haha. I've got issues with my back!
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010