When do you believe Christians will be raptured?

Do you believe that Christians will be raptured before the Tribulation, at the mid-point or at the end?

And why do you believe this? Can you back it up with the Bible?

luvnmy3kid

Asked by luvnmy3kid at 11:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I used to believe it was prior to the time of "The Great Tribulation." But, seeing and being a part of whats happening in the world today...wars,financial crisis, major environmental concerns....I wonder if we, as Christians, won't be here for a part, if not all of it. After all, we are called to be like Christ and Christ did truly suffer, and it says in the Bible "that a servant is not greater than his Master." So, if Christ was called to pick up his own cross and carry it, is it not likely that we will be called to follow in his footsteps? I don't mean by literally being crucified, but by going through afflictions and sufferings ourselves....just a thought.
    Jael580

Answer by Jael580 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I believe in the pre-tribulation rapture theory. I call it a theory because no one can prove it fully (many scriptures back up most viewpoints in other words). I understand that God has called us to take up our cross and follow him. I understand the viewpoint that because Christ suffered, so should we (to be like him) BUT I hold fast to God's grace and mercy. Jesus suffered and died so I didn't have to. He loved me that much and his grace (giving me what I don't deserve) is salvation. His mercy (not giving me what I do deserve) also protects and provides a way out of the ultimate suffering.

CONT'D below....

lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 1:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• The main verses I lean on (and there are several but due to space issues....) are:

1 Thess 1:10 "and to wait for his Son from the heaven, whom he raised from the dead - Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath."

1 Thess 5:9 " For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Rev 3:10 "Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth."

Wrath = Day of the Lord (end times)
    Trial = Tribulation.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 1:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I'm gonna start a stir here and probably get the question closed. I believe the second coming, the tribulation, etc all happened in the first century A.D. Therefore, all of that is in the past, not in the future. No rapture.

Funny how people miss the time statements in the Bible. Even in Revelations it states that those who pierced Jesus would see Him coming back. Guess there are some 2000 year old Roman soldiers running around somewhere...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• "Funny how people miss the time statements in the Bible. Even in Revelations it states that those who pierced Jesus would see Him coming back. Guess there are some 2000 year old Roman soldiers running around somewhere... "

Didn't he resurect 3 days later??? And...walked around for everyone to see???
    Time statements in the Bible are really hard to interpret because to God, my life is "but a vapor, that appears for a moment and then is gone". He must have a different time table, because this month sure seems long to me...LOL
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 5:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• rhope4, while there probably are scriptures to back up your viewpoints there are WAY too many others that point to a future rapture, tribulation and millennial reign of Christ. Prophecies that absolutely couldn't have happened yet.

I'd like to ask if you view the Bible as the infallible word of God?
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• And yes Christyg, Christ did come back and appear to hundreds after his resurrection. After he was raised from the dead he walked on earth again for 40 days until he ascended to heaven. So, he was speaking the truth.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I believe pre-trib... but in all honesty.. whether it be pre-trib, mid-trib, etc. I just want to live my life in such a way that the love and light of Jesus will be seen in me to reach as many as possible so they will be ready also.

Lifeofchaois: good answer.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• 2012..... Or so I've heard. I think IF it happens, its going to be funny to see all the judgmental, hypocrite Christians be left behind to rot in hell with me!
    Anonymous

• I'm somewhere between pre and mid. I grew up baptist and was always taught pre-trib. I never really questioned why, I knew the basic info and answers for it. Then I met hubby LOL he is post-trib. That made me really uneasy. He told me his points, I basically tuned him out, I didn't want to hear them. It honestly scared me to think of post-trib point of view. Recently someone asked on another site and I decided to get down to business and study. To my shock and suprise I agreed with hubby. We have a friend who says "pray for pre, hope for mid and plan for post". My "why" is far too long to post here so I will post it in my journal for anyone who wants to read.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2008