Is This the stimulus we need?

Link text

This will not increase jobs. More wasteful spending on wishful projects.
What do you say?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• IDK, I usually don't click on links unless it is a CM link when posted.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• But, itsmestep, he is saying this is his "tax cuts" we have all screamed for!!!!!!!!!!!!! This and the news we, the USA, are ranked last for the "worst countries for employment". Check out the unemployment ratings. Bush years (all of them - daddy and son) are rather good. Then we hit PBO in 2008. Only the Great Depression and after Reagan took over from Carter have been worse. How does PBO not see that lowering taxes has been the answer everytime since 1920?

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0104719.html#axzz0yfuwwFll

http://www.ncsl.org/?tabid=13307

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Awe how sweet, I get a vote down. Maybe I can get another one. eye rolling

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• NO, of course not.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well, I actually read the article. Increasing the available credit to businesses from 14 to 17% could help unemployment if they choose to use that increase in credit to employ more people.

It would be nice if maybe they could take some of that $100 billion and put up some housing where I live. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of jobs here in Western North Dakota. The problem is there's nowhere for people to live. We have tent cities popping up and all the hotels and campgrounds are full. My own work is looking for 40 people and is considering doing national recruiting to try and find people since there is no one around here that needs work.
    NonnasMomma

Answer by NonnasMomma at 2:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• This is just another case of Obama and the Democratic controlled Congress spending all they can before November 2nd. And depending on whether or not it is decided that Congress is given a paid vacation between November and January, this may be the last big WASTEFUL spending spree we see for a very long time!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Why is everyone who answer this question getting down voted? It's ridiculous and immature.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

***
    Increasing credit lines to businesses is NOT what makes them hire people....lowering taxes IS!! One of Obama's 500 campaign promises was giving businesses a $3000 tax credit for each employee they hired! What a joke! Like $3000 is going to help a business hire a full time employee with a benefits package and an AVERAGE salary of around $35,000!! Do you see how giving someone $1 does not make them turn around and spend $1000?!?!

And any business that needs to take out a line of credit in order to pay the salaries of their employees has a poor business model which is doomed to fail! Businesses should ONLY hire people when they are generating enough PROFIT to pay for the people needed to operate it!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

***
    Pretty funny, if you ask me!!

::sniff::sniff:: someone doesn't like us!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• LoriKeet, I work in HR. Specifically, I work for a staffing agency. Each time one of our clients gets an increase in credit that means that they can hire more people through us. When their credit limit increases, they are allowed to increase the number of employees they can hire. All of our jobs are temp to hire, I'm in North Dakota so we have a LOOOOT of work available right now, and a shortage of people to fill the positions.

It depends entirely on the company and their business practices. Which is why I said it COULD help unemployment. There's not one answer that will solve the unemployment problem. Lowering taxes is NOT going to fix unemployment, increasing credit for business's is not going to solve the unemployment problem. I think it's a bit more complicated than that, and I think it's a little bit silly to say that just by lowering taxes it will automatically increase employment.

NonnasMomma

Answer by NonnasMomma at 2:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010