How do you find the motivation/energy to work out everyday?

I got a gazelle (yes, from that annoying guy Tony Little) for my birthday, and have a one of those fitness balls, and even downloaded a great 8 minute workout video, but I wake up at 4:30 a.m and have to be out the door by 5:30 a.m, so I can't really wake up any earlier or I wouldn't make it through the day. I don't get home until 5:30 or 6:00 pm, and then by the time we do dinner and clean up and such, it's time for bed. I'm hoping that once I get caught up at work, I'll be home by 4:30ish and that will leave me a little time when I get home to work out, but right now, I just can't find the time, motivation or more important, energy to make myself workout each day. How do you guys do it?

KimPippin

Asked by KimPippin at 12:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Even though you are already getting up early, I would say get up just 10 minutes earlier, do the 8 minute work out. Go for a brisk walk on your lunch break or bring some small hand weights to work. Then do the 8 minute work out again while the kids are in the bath.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 5:37 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• Have the dvd ready to press play when u come home so u can just start quick. think about how much better you will look and feel after you get your workout done.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Routine-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I use my lunch hour to go to the gym or go walking outside if it is nice. I am able to eat at my desk, so I take the hour and go work out and then eat my lunch afterwards. I have tried getting up earlier and just can't and don't have a lot of motivation after work so this works for me. I also sometimes exercise while watching television at night after my daughter is in bed.
    jenn1172

Answer by jenn1172 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I get up at three and I am doing workouts I like so for three hours I work out and I need it so I never give it up.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My husband and I go to the gym daily, after work, play soccer a few times a week and go for walks in the evenings
    soccerfanatic7

Answer by soccerfanatic7 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I agree with Brittany D07- have it all ready to go when you get home. I would even take my workout clothes and ghange on the way out of work so you are already in the mindset when you get home. Even if its only 30 min. I get my favorite dance music on my ipod and rock out on my gazelle. I don't follow the routines but i work it anyway and I have fun even if the rest of the house is annoyed listening to me sing me music really loud while I thump away on my gazelle. Lol. It gets it done. And if you are really desperate.. my secret, pop in really grooving music in the car like salsa or my fav. cupid shuffle lol and while you are int eh car just sit up straight, pull your abs in to your core and get some hip action going,(use your left foot for stability!). Its a little routine that you can do for 10 min in the car in traffic and it doesn't even fee like work.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i started off slow by doing 20 minutes 3 times a week and then 5 times a week and i really saw a difference. eventually itll be easier to get up to 30 minutes and then 40.. etc etc. theres no excuse not to do 20 minutes. even if youre really crunched for time, 15 minutes is better than nothing.
    00MissJade

Answer by 00MissJade at 2:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• At first it's force. I push myself to do it everyday. Then after a while I start to notice it makes me feel better and makes me feel happier. Then after a longer while I start noticing results. Therefore, as it progresses I start wanting to do it just for the benefits.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Find something you love. Get your heart rate up and your endorphins pumping. You'll love how it makes you feel and you'll want to keep doing it. When you see results it just makes you want it more.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2010