Help with a stuffy nose!!

My dd is 2 1/2 and is very congested. She is allergic to vaporub- do you know of any meds that I can give her to help her feel better and breathe easier? Any advice will be great!!

cmlowery

Asked by cmlowery at 7:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We still use the blue bulb syringe with our DD (She's six year old). She get's horrible stuff noses do to allergies.

The other thing we use for her is "Little Noses Saline Spray/Drops" It provides relief for Stuffy and/or Runny Noses.

At Bedtime (and when she was longer nap time) we would put the saline gel in her nose. The gel last longer for those sleeping times.

In case you didn't know Saline is a sterile solution of sodium chloride (table salt) in water. So most likely she will NOT have an allergic reaction to it.  You can find the Saline spray/drops and gel at any pharmacy.

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Well, I will tell ya ..but she will scream. It works and is worth the effort. A bulb syringe...plug one side of the nose and suck the other...it cleans that baby out in no time...but the kids hate it. It is better than watching them suffer with the congestion. The lesser of the two evils.
    Anonymous

• My son keeps a stuffy nose, we use a cool mist humidifier in his room, if it gets to bad I will give him baby tylenol for stuffy noses but I always cut the recommended dose in half.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• dunno about medicine but i know that staying away from dairy will improve it.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 8:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• yes i agree say way from dairy but try eucalptus oils rub it on her chest
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My daughter has suffered allergies since she was 9 months old and has been on Zyrtec. We give her 1/2 tsp at night and it really helps her. Good luck, hopefully your little one feels better soon!
    micjones

Answer by micjones at 2:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• BOTH MY KIDS HAVE SEVERE STUFFY NOSES WITH COLDS I USE SALINE AND SUCTION OUT WITH BULB SYRINGE AND ALSO USE A DECONGESTANT NOSE DROPS (LITTLE NOSES)ADN THEY ALSO TAKE ZYRTEC
    Anonymous

Anonymous