Birthday parties.

Has anyone had a birthday party for your kids in a private room restaurant? My daughter is about to turn 1 years old. I just know she won't remember this. I don't want to spend too much on the party.

Bubbles_mommy

Asked by Bubbles_mommy at 1:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The first birthday is more about the adults than the baby. She'll be happy anywhere. I wouldn't rent a private restaurant room.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I've never had a birthday party out anywhere. At one year it really is more about family and close friends clebrating for you that about the baby. I would do something you would enjoy. If its in a restaurant then your poor baby is limited to high chair, arms and other seats, not fun. Outdoors at least you can let them roam around and play or even in your own home. I wouldn't waste my money on a room. Just keep it simple.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We had our at our house... (there were two birthday babies since my daughter and nephew were born the same day, an hour and a half apart).. It seems like a waste to spend the extra money on a restaurant style party..
    but if you feel you don't have enough room to accommodate everyone you can do one of two things: cut down the guest list to more immediate family and Godparent type friends, or find a place such as a recreational out doors area, where the cost is minimum to nill. If it's going to be too cold outdoors, perhaps try a local church, or scouting house where they will allow you to bring in your own food thus saving some money.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010