Off Limit Cartoons

What are they in your home?

In my home, Chowder and Fanboy & Chum Chum are out of the question. I can tolerate SpongeBob. I learned this tolerance with my bonus son and husband.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I generally allow anything on Nick, Jr. (My kids are 5 and 4) Though they don't watch the Fox cartoons or anything on Adult Swim or the cartoons that are pointed more towards older teens and adults. As far as other shows and movies I don't have many restrictions; they don't pay much attention to those sorts of things. - I noticed you mentioned Resident Evil: Degeneration, my 5 year old won't watch it, my 4 year old watched some of it but she's not as brave as she wants people to thing. My kids love watching my brother play the newer resident evil video games, mostly because they don't have the traditional zombies - instead they just have grotesque monsters.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I don't mind most of them, but Family Guy and SouthPark are definitely not allowed (for the kids at least!)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Ed, Edd, and Eddy
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• We don't ban anything. There are some that none of us like but most anything is allowed in our home and our kid can watch anything (except porn, of course).
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Any of the adult cartoons, the simpsons, family guy, south park, american dad, etc.... Our 14 yr old can watch them, but we don't let our 7 and 8 yr olds watch any of them...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• There are so many on Cartoon network that annoy me! I just went ahead and blocked the channel. It's not that find too many of them inappropriate, just really annoying. I love to watch cartoons but it seems they are not being directed to little kids anymore (5-8) they are more for college kids.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 1:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Spongebob. If he wants to watch it at my dad's or his cousin's...fine, but I don't want to listen to "EYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYE!".
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 2:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I don't like Caiou (sp?), on PBS. He's whiny and obnoxious and I don't need a cartoon encouraging those traits!
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 5:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I find the cartoons I mentioned to be annoying.
    As for other things, she watches what she likes and isn't censored. She loves watching scary movies and requests the Saw movies and zombie movies. She loves the Resident Evil cartoon Degeneration as well as the Dead Space cartoon.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My kids are young. I do not allow them to watch Spongebob, Fanboy, and Ben 10. I really try hard to stick to shows that they might learn something educational from. I generally try to stay away from shows that use negative words "Stupid", "dumb", etc... because I don't use those words, and I don't want my kids using them either.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 5, 2010