How heavy are your periods? adult content

I have periods regularly.. but I have super heavy flows.. I bleed though super plus tampons in less then 2 hours.. In the past 2 hours I have filled atleast 12 tampons- most were super plus..

How heavy are yours?

MommySteph1011

Asked by MommySteph1011 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• Mine were so bad I couldn't leave my house for the first 2 days of it. I also couldn't wear tampons because I'm allergic to them. So after many yrs of heavy periods, and finished having babies, I had the novasure procedure. It will be a year on Spet 21st since I had it done, and have not had any period since!! It's not for everyone, only if you know you're finished having babies,and my Hubby had a vasectomy 2 1/2 yrs ago, so no worries about the chance of pregnancy... It worked for me, and I wouldn't go back to wearing pads, or any of the crap that goes with it!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Girl you need to go to the doctor.

Mine were heavy before I got the IUD, now I barely notice them most of the time.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Mine were BAD after I had my kids. I had an ablation done in October and haven't had a period since!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I would go in and have a preg test done. Yes, there is a good chance that you were preg and did not know it and aborted it with out realizing it, so now you would bleed real bad. Going thru that many in a short time, there is something wrong. Go in and see someome real soon. Do not want anything else to happen.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 1:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My Last period before I got pregnant was like that.
    It was so bad that I had to go and get some adult diapers.
    My Doctor says stress triped my Ovaries and Hormones out to producing more things.
    Yikes was what I said.
    Sounds like you need to stop using tampons and try using a pad like Always.
    Me and my Mom swear by them, They are the best and most thinest on the market today.
    You wont feel like you are wearing a diaper at all.
    If you bleed out onto your panties or through your pants. You need some sort of help.
    If this gets any worse please go and see your Doc.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Do you have clots? My heavy periods (with large clots) started about 10 years ago; it would start on day 2 of my period and last about 18 hours before becoming a normal flow but those 18 hours, well, forget tampons and pads ... I'd have to sit on the toilet forever or walk around with a mop because I'd bleed through everything. I couldn't leave the house. My doctors could not provide any solutions so I started investigating natural remedies. After years of researching, I started taking unsulphured black strap molasses daily and my periods are normal in that they are still heavy that first day or two but I can manage quite fine with a sanitary pad.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I would get checked for fibroids.

Ive had periods that lasted 10-18 days.......and my flow has been unreal. I knew I had endometrial hyperplasia after my last pap and I see an OB/GYN specialist after 3 months of waiting.

Last week I had had a KIDNEY stone of all things..it passed and I still had the blod clots the size of golf balls/ heavy bleeding worse than I have ever had........went to the ER and gushed all over. I had SO much pain in my abdomen this time, its worse than the other months and OH I have PAIN every month.....and my flow has gotten worse this year! A heating pad has been my best friend with it all!

I am sure I have to have a hysterectomy ( Im 48 with one child! ) I will find out Wednesday............good luck to you....but please follow up with a specialist and get a pap done or the transvaginal ultrasound OR sonogram to find out if you have fibroids or not.

Good luck to ya!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2010