How to wake up a 2 week old?

I've read that when newborns have a totally flipped schedule (sleep all day n awake most of the night) you should start waking them up during the day like every 2 hours or hour, and they'll slowly start shifting their schedule. But its sooo hard for me, she wont wake up. She's totally out of it. I've thought of evrything! Should I lose hope?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies will regulate sleeping times later. But at two weeks, let the baby sleep. Use that sleeping time to get some rest yourself.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 1:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If you need to wake them up to eat, you can rub the bottom of their feet.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If you really feel you need to wake you baby you can.
    Just try changing her clothes and diaper.
    that always worked for me.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My son had his days and nights mixed the first nine weeks. Just sleep when she sleeps and you'll get through it. There is no set limit when it will straighten itself out, u just deal with it,and before u know it,it changes.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Take off the clothes and and rub their back , belly just let the baby get over chilled, maybe keep socks on the little feet
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Unwrap her. Take off any clothing that is keeping her nice and toasty. Wipe her down with a cool cloth. Then talk to her and play, zerbert her toes,anything to keep her stimulated. It can be a bit of work at first, but alot of fun too.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• the problem is i breastfeed. so i'll nurse her all night, and in the day my breasts get really full cuz she's asleep so much more and I need to make her schedule more regular. It gets pretty painful, and even if I pump it gets inconvenient. It'll be much easier to have a regular schedule.
    fefe87

Comment by fefe87 (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• U don't have to wake her to feed her,she'll wake up when she gets hungry.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Personally I let my babies sleep and they always adjusted themselves. But sometimes if you just undress them, they will wake. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Make her uncomfortable. Take her outside in the sun, undress her, rub her feet, make noise during the day
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010