Did you ever run away as a teenager?

If so what was the reason?

togo90210

Asked by togo90210 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I did. I wasn't lucky enough to have a good family.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, I did. I thought they were valid reason back then, looking back as an adult, I was an ungrateful person.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 1:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, I did. I was dealing with the death of my Mom, three years prior, then my sister committed suicide that year, and then my dad decided that I was such a sexy 15 year old he could not keep his hands off me. I ran away, hoping that our church would help, but they said such a fine upstanding man as my dad, a deacon at the church, a foster parent could NEVER do such a thing. Well, I slept with a screwdriver after that. If he came near my bed I would be ready.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Not as a teenager, but as an adult, many many times! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I was about 13 my step-dad was abusive.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• nO i never did I was actually a good girl lol
    alexluck

Answer by alexluck at 1:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Sort of.. I didn't runaway because of my parents. I was running away from myself.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:28 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes because my Mom was way too strict & controlling. I was a good kid who wanted to have some fun and wasn't aloud to do anything. I understand now some of why she was this way, but it was too harsh & too much and I always said when I had a child I would be strict but be fair & give my kid some breathing space and that's what I plan on doing. I want my child to feel comfortable with me & not hate me and push away or run away. Either way you can not control things 100%.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Not ever as a Teenager,
    But for fun with some other kids in College so yes
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, three times.
    After my mom died I was sent to go live with my bio-father, whom I had never met until the day my mom died.
    He didn't want me or my brother and made that very clear from the get-go.
    He was extremely abusive and verbally hurtful.
    My brother was lucky to be 'rescued' first, but he was labeled a "bad" kid and sent to a "home" until they found him a foster home.
    I ran away on three separate occasions after being beaten and no one believed me until the third time. I was placed in a crisis home for 2 weeks, his parental rights were taken away, and then I went into the foster care system until I graduated high school.
    I got a call from my brother 2 days ago saying our "father" was in the hospital and it doesn't look good. I told him good and left it at that.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:32 AM on Sep. 6, 2010