How much pregnancy weight do you put on?

Do you make sure you lose it all? How? What are changes you make after you have your baby to get back in shape, like better habits?

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I always lost about 10 lbs and gained that back and about 5 lbs more. But I was about 200lbs before each pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• about 25 lbs with all 3, took the longest to lose with the last one.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i gained 30 lbs and I am ashamed to admit I have only lost 10 of it.. my son is almost 4. I am planning on losing at least 10 more before I get pregnant again
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• With my older son, I only gained 14lbs. I was up 19 by 31 weeks, and then lost 10lbs. in five days because I got West Nile Virus. It took a lot of hard work to actual gain back 5 of it for a total of 14.

I'm currently almost 24 weeks with #2 and I'm up 16lbs.
    StrollerStrider

Answer by StrollerStrider at 1:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I gained a ton of weight 62lbs, but I think part of it was because I struggled with depresion my whole pregnacy, and I felt terrible so I didn't do very much. I lost all of it by the time my dd was 9 months old which I'm pretty proud of but I gained 10lbs back after I quit breatfeeding but I'm going to try and loose those now too. =)
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• No one should be ashamed. Sometimes our daily lives make it hard for us and just inconvenient, but losing it makes us feel so much better. I want to do this for myself more than anybody else. I gained about 30 pounds. I'm about 20 pounds down, most of it was water weight, I was really puffed. But I'm trying to lose more than the extra 10, I need about 20 more, I also had an extra 10 from my previous pregnancy. I got pregnant again quickly. :O
    fefe87

Comment by fefe87 (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It's recommended to only gain 25-35 pounds! Of course some women enjoy their pregnancies and out on over 100 pounds (I had a friend who did this with each of her 3 pregnancies, but lost it all after each one!!)

Pregnancy is an EXCELLENT time to really start eating right, and eliminating bad habits, after 9 months, the desire for those bad habits will hopefully have subsided, and you should be able to continue following them after your baby is born. You should incorporate daily exercise--walking, light aerobics, light toning exercises and yoga or meditation to strengthen and tone your muscles--especially your midsection, as it will help with childbirth and in getting your body back to pre-pregnancy shape.

Many fitness centers offer pregnancy fitness classes, and personal trainers are well versed in proper exercise routines based on your current level of fitness.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• With my twins, I gained 60lbs all together. I lost all but 8 lbs of it before I got pregnant again w hen they were 10 months old. With that one I gained 25lbs...I didn't lose any of that because I got MIrena put in and it caused me to gain weight. So far with this pregnancy I have only gained 4 lbs and I am 6 months along.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My first I gained about 22 pounds and lost all of it almost immediately after, with my twins I gained about 53 pounds total, and lost most it, I am currently almost 37 weeks and have gained 19 pounds so far.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 2:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• not a single pound. I lost 20lbs, then gained back 8 by the time I delivered
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010