Baking Bread Question

So I don't have an available cookie sheet to bake bread bowls on. Could I use a pizza pan? Or will the conduction be too different and result in burnt bottoms? Would it help if I lined it with aluminum foil?

Thanks!

SMH2010

Asked by SMH2010 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would use a pizza pan. Hmm. You could place the bread on a higher rack of the oven so that the bottom would not burn. And put foil on top of the bread about halfway through baking not to burn the top. ???
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:35 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I think the tin foil will be too hot. Try parchment paper. Or google and see if you can find something. I have a bread machine so its pretty idiot proof.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 1:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes you can use a pizza pan. If you're worried about burning the bottom, try sandwiching two of the same size baking pans together (if you have them). It creates an "air-bake pan" effect. No need to line with aluminum foil
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010