Do you secretly have a favorite kid?

Rachel24517

Asked by Rachel24517 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes!! Currently it is by 18 m/o she is so sweet! She does what I ask her to do (still in "that" stage) she is always giving kisses and hugs. She is SO happy. Of course my favorite child changes from day to day and since she won't take a nap my favorite child might change in a few minutes.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• NO! I only have two children, and each of my sons has a distinctly different personality, interests, likes/dislikes and temperament that I love dearly! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I love both my kids, but they each take turns being on the "I don't like what your doing" list. I have to say my current favorite child is my 6 year old. the almost 16 yo is on every nerve I have these days.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 1:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I love my boys to no end. Both for their own reasons. But not one more than the other.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• nope.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• no
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Nope, no favorites, however, I tell all 4 of my kids that they are my favorite & to not tell the others. They just humor me when I say it 'cause they all know I say the same thing to the others.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• No. I have four kids and I have favorite "stages", but not favorite children. For my oldest, it was when she was first learning to talk. It seemed as though overnight she went from baby to toddler- speaking in very intelligent sentences. With my son, it was probably this year. He is finally growing out of his whiny stage (he is 4) and is learning to communicate his issues instead of crying about it. My third child is also at a really fun age! She's very funny, and just says the cutest stuff. She is three. Cayleigh, my youngest, is also adorable right now, giving hugs and kisses. This morning I was talking to my husband and she came over and got in my face and said "Mama, MAMA!" When I didn't answer her she screamed "MAMAAAA!!" So I said "What Cayleigh?" and she gave me a big hug and kiss, then laughed and ran away. She is 19 mos. You just have to find your favorite characteristics in each child and then make those things shine
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I tell the big one she's my favorite girl and I tell the baby she's my favorite baby. I love them the same amount but for different reasons. They have different personalities but they're both awesome. :)
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Neither of my kids are my favorite child over the other. I love them both dearly.
    I have bonded more with my son then I have with my daughter, but it took me a while to bond with my son. Therefore, I know my bond with my daughter will come in time. I love them both dearly and love seeing them laugh and smile, so I could never choose one over the other as a favorite.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2010