how to handle this

my child father and I are currently trying to rekindle our relationship. an ex of his recently became his friend on facebook and posted pictures of them when they were together..all hugged up and stuff.i feel very uncomfortable with the situation because they dated about 5 years ago and shes still trying to relive the memories .i iknow she still love him very much and wish that they could be together but she never thought about how that would make me feel ..what makes it so bad is that she tagged him in the pictures so there all over his profile to.i love my child father to death and it just kills to see him hugged up with another girl whether its old or not. and everytime i go to his page i get all sad because it comments like yall look so cute together or yall should get married ..what should i do

amiyamom08

Asked by amiyamom08 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I would feel sorry for her that her life sucks so much that she us holding on to the past as the only "happy" times in her life.

If you are really that uncomfortable, you can A) Have your SO e-mail her about it or B) untag him in the pics. That will send the message to her that he does not want to be "connected" to her.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 1:43 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• and everytime i go to his page i get all sad

***
    WHAT are you doing visiting his facebook page, when you have the real thing right in front of you?! You are only punishing yourself, and it doesn't matter what this ex has on her page, unless of course you are feeling insecure about your relationship.

Work on your relationship and don't allow exes to come between the two of you, or drive your feelings of jealousy or insecurity to become a wedge between you!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• youre childs father needs to say I am flattered but I am working things out with my childs mother and this is making her uncomfortable.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Ask SO how he feels about it and tell him that it makes you uncomfortable. It really is inappropriate IMO. If he does not have a problem with it then I would say you guys need to reevaluate what you are trying to do...
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Have you mentioned this to him? I would explain it just like you did here. You aren't accusing him of harboring feelings for her still or being unreasonable. Its simply that this situation is hurtful to you. I would ask him to untag himself. Remind him you are glad he's with you and you aren't asking him to unfriend her- being mature sucks sometimes- but that the photos are very upsetting. Surely he'll understand. The pics will still be there on her profile you are just asking that they not be on his. -----> Then get a great pic of the two of you and put it right by your computer. If he doesn't untag them just sit there and tell yourself how much better you look together and just ignore her petty ploy for attention.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Dont sweat it. She's the loser that can't get over the past. Let her relive the moments and look her look at those old photos those because you have those actually moments right now and you're living the moments right now.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• What she does, what she wants is no concern of yours first of all. If he's not trying to get back with her then she has no business in your thoughts. I can understand though the pictures bothering you. You could simply ask him to untag himself in the photographs, so that they're not coming up every other minute with comments. She's clearly trying to put memories into his head about what they had together. Her attepts are pathetic and childish. Especially since they dated so long ago. However, you should understand that regardless of what someone says she'll probably only try harder. Just try to ignore it and know that you and he are working on your relationship. That you two are trying to become an item again. That's what's important. And one day she'll realize that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I understand your feelings about this for sure. But, the more importance you give her, the more important she becomes...don't do it. But your s/o should handle that by taking her off, however that's up to him. If you nag your going to make her look better than she is. JMO Good luck hon.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• thank you guys so much ..you have really made me feel better about the situation.
    amiyamom08

Comment by amiyamom08 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• After someones comments like that, I'd probably go and add a camment of my own. Like: "Well he's not with her anymore and I don't understand why she posted these pics!" But thats just me!
    momof3xthefun

Answer by momof3xthefun at 4:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010