Would you consider me lame????

I was talking with a lady that I know and a happened to mention to her that it was finally hitting me that my oldest daughter is no longer home. We dropped her off at an out of state college about 3 weeks ago. I admitted that I miss her lots and I have been crying on and off. This lady told me that I should not be crying because every kids leaves home and I have 2 other kids to concentrate on. I just looked at her totally dumbfounded! Am I actually that lame for missing my dd??? I am starting to think so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• No you are not lame, I have one in college and 3 at home, I miss her alot and wish I could have done what she is doing. You would be heartless if you didn't miss her.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• No...i think it is totally normal to miss your DD. When you moved out, I am sure your parents missed you and you missed them too
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 1:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• no!!!! It is totally normal!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• no youre not lame just a caring mom!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I feel sorry for THAT lady's kids. You are doing a great job!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Not lame at all. My daughter, who is now 25, moved into her own apt. 15 mins from me, when she was 19 & I cried because I missed her. A year later, she moved to Cali (from OH) She has been in Cali for 5 years & I still cry because I miss her so. My 19 yr old son will be moving to FL for college next year & I'll cry & miss him too, although not the same as with my daughter. We also have 2 LO at home (4 & 3), but that doesn't make me miss my oldest any less, however, if I didn't have them, I don't know how I'd survive. I have always dreaded having an empty nest, however, considering I'll be 60 when my youngest turns 18, I just might be ready to give the ol' empty nest a try! LOL.

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Having two kids at home doesn't change the fact that your little girl is in college. One day you're sending her off to kindergarten, she's trying makeup for the first time, and suddenly she's all grown up and leaving home. That is something to be sad about, because she's your baby girl. Yes, I'm sure you love having your other two kids at home, but that doesn't change that your little girl is in college. Especially an out of state college. You'll most likely feel the same way when your other two move off to college too. It's normal. You're her mother. You're going to be sad when you realize they're all grown up.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Wow... how insensitive of her. Maybe she simply doesnt like her kids and was glad to be rid of them.

You are sooooo not lame.

How is this for lame... I have a 3rd grader, 8th grader, and 10th grader and STILL get teary every single first day of school.... it never fails I get misty as Im driving home to an empty house on that first day of school.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• You are not lame. I cried off and on for about a month when our oldest went to college. The first one is tough to deal with. Another milestone for our kids and us. Best wishes
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:34 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I must be the lamest if you're lame cause my son(just turned 20) left for the Navy 14 months ago and I still cry and his room is JUST like he left it.....I am crying just typing this....my daughter with her 2 1/2 y/o live with me, She's going to the same Tech college I am just so she can be with me..and save her gas money...lol.. there is nothing wrong with you...my favorite song by Darius Rucker "It won"t be like this for long" sums it up.Plus the other kids would hate to see if you were all happy she's gone..they'd wonder if thats how you'll feel when they leave....cry sister!!
    lovebug434

Answer by lovebug434 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010