he's accusing me oh changing his passwords?

I got a myspace message from my ex that said "the cops are going to go to your work tomorrow because you changed my passwords which effects my unemployment so thats credit card theft and your going to go to jail" So I wrote back told him I had no idea what he was talking about and told him how to change his hotmail password so then he can access that so he can send "forgot my password" emails from the different sites, including myspace, to change his passwords.
I know why he is accusing me,we are in this huge fight and he likes to try to scare me with cops and accusing me of things he knows I dont like either.
But my question is....if he did actually call the cops for his passwords being changed will they respond? Like are they really going to show up at my work? Even though I sent him a message detailing how to fix the problem? I didnt do anything, and my passwords some times screw up to, so i just fix the problem.

Shani527

Asked by Shani527 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• O.M.G!!! I'm f'n snorting, and trying to NOT piss myself! How the hell is changing his HOTMAIL and MYSPACE account passwords CREDIT CARD FRAUD??? LMAO!!! You know what? I would hope the cops showed up! They might, just to see who was unlucky enough to have ever had a connection with this schmuck! (I'm sorry) But credit card fraud? I can see if he can't check his emails, and he needs to, but he can change the damn password again. I'm betting he's got the damn caps lock on his keyboard set. He's a bozo. Tell him the circus may be hiring!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• They aren't going to arrest you. On what charges? They probably won't even go to your work, IDK why they would. He'd have to prove you changed them in order to do anything legally to you. If he keeps doing things like this, you have the option of pressing harassment charges against him.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• your boyfriend is an idiot
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• they don't even care about that stuff lol You have nothing to worry about! He is just being a bully!! If i were you after this i would go change all his pass words now.. but i'm just a smartass like that! and i would make sure the passwords were ones he couldn't figure out!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 2:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Wait, passwords to what? And, if you didn't steal anything, how is it theft? LOL!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• No they arent going to show up for something that stupid.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Changing passwords to social networking sites dont affect his unemployment. They have nothing to do with his unemployment
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• having just been hacked via wifi at a campground...they could change my passwords just by having my email...they got my twitter changed, were going for aol but got stuck (when I tried it said it was already being changed)....

he is full of shit and let him know he got hacked..people on my address book got hit with Shit, and they set off my recent sent list of emails the same bullshit...it might have had a virus and that is how they get people to open it...you are a known friend...well I was anyway...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• He's an idiot and just trying to scare you. Ignore him!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• No, they aren't going to respond to the call if he has called the cops. Simply because it isn't a matter of any security threat.
    You need to understand that even if you did change his password that is not Credit Card Theft. Credit Card theft is the process of stealing and using a credit card that isn't under your name. Changing passwords has nothing to do with Credit Cards. Now, if you had done it that can be considered idenity theft, especially if you use his financial or other accounts for your personal use as if you're him. However, since you've done nothing wrong then you should have nothing to worry about. It's very unlikely that they'll even listen to him, let alone show up at your work.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010