growth spurt at 7months?

my dd has been doing awesome at sleeping through the night. recently she has started waking up once or twice during the night. at first i tried to comfort her without food because i knew that would ruin the routine we had so well worked out of sleeping all night. but she really was very hungry so i have been feeding her. its been about a week now and its driving me crazy. is it a growth spurt and i should keep feeding her... or is it just now that she comes to expect the middle of the night feedings and i have to start from scratch weaning her off of them?
we are already on solids and have a good nighttime routine (bath, pj's, bottle and book). she was doing so great... what gives?

mse04

Asked by mse04 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ryder did this too! about the same time too and we've just now (at 10 months) gotten back into the routine of sleeping all night. I think it was gas for him because I give him a dose of baby gas relief with each bottle now and we haven't had that problem
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 12:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• You could try giving her some cereal before giving her the night time bottle and that just might do the trick. I would guess that it is a growth spurt seeing as she just started waking up for a bottle so making her a bit more full with the cereal might help. Hope you all get back to sleeping all night soon. :)
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• have you started to introduce solids? it's a common misconception(not trying to start anything here, just stating a fact) that solids will keep baby more full during the night. unfortunately many babies end up waking frequently throughout the night because their digestive system isn't quite prepared to tolerate solids.
    it could be that you introduced something new that baby is not quite ready for.

if solids are not a factor, however, odds are it is just a growth spurt. babies don't have any concept of time or a schedule and they want to eat whenever they are hungry.
    a growth spurt typically occurs at around 6 months so that's what i would assume is going on with your little one.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• yeah, we have been doing solids for awhile... and she was doing great.
    mse04

Answer by mse04 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My daughter did this about the same time. I think it was teething for her. Once her first tooth popped through she slept great again.
    chloesmom714

Answer by chloesmom714 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2008