Have you ever cut yourself on purpose? adult content

If so, what type of things lead you to do it?

-MsPsychology-

Asked by -MsPsychology- at 2:00 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• Nope never have.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 2:01 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have known a few to do this and they are doing this to release their emotions because they do not know any other way. I myself have not done this.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i use to burn myself on purpose. i was depressed, wanted attention, IDK. i also popped any pills i could find in the cabinets i had to go to counseling when my parents found out what i was doing. stupid snoopers i made the "mistake" of keeping "record" of everything in my journal.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My stepdaughter does, now that she is w/us we make sure there are no ways of her doing that, i know she is going through some things as well, there was a custody battle, her mother would abuse her n not let her out of the home at all, so now we do the opposite n try to do anything that will keep her mind off of it
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Ive done it. Flirting with death, being mad about things that I felt I couldnt control. Depression, wanting attention, I felt if someone saw they would rescue me from what I was in. Havent done it in five years, found healthier ways to express myself, and got in a much better relationship.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 2:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• no never
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I did it in highschool, although in some ways I had the problem from the time I was very young. I would bite myself at a year old. In elementary school I would dig my fingernails into my arms and scratch myself really badly, I would also bang things against my head. I'm not sure why. I've always been very easily frustrated and didn't know how to deal with it. I was also very shy and cried in school all the time, like everyday, up until 6th grade. The cutting wasn't for attention, because I hid it, and I did it in unusual places that I didn't think would be seen, like my shoulders. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety around that time. I don't do it anymore, although I am tempted to scratch myself, or bang my head if I'm really frustrated, but that's very rare now.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i had when i got overly stressed. but i no longer do it.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, countless times. I cut myself off and on for six years (from age 13 till I was 19). It'll be 5 years since my last cut on October 24th. My newest journal explains what caused me to start and stop, too long to type on mobile.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 2:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• She "had" counseling for it but not she refuses. She's 19. She has been cutting since 10th. It backs my heart and family members. We did admist her to a hospital but all they did is drug her up. At the present time she doesn't have help nor ask for it. crying

bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 2:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2010