Is anyone actually pro-abortion?

Pro-life means you think all babies deserve a chance at life. Pro-choice means it's woman's choice. But the opposite of pro-life is really pro-abortion or death.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• That's why I tend not to use "Pro-Life" when I'm comparing the two... Really, should be Pro-Choice vs Anti-Choice. I'm very strongly pro-Choice, and yet I won't even use an IUD because I feel it's a form of abortion... More than anything, I'm Pro-Sex Education!

I would think that even those who have had abortions are not usually PRO-Abortion. They weren't really pro-abortion at the time they had them... They were pro-choice and made the choice they needed to make (for whatever reason)...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm not "pro abortion" but I think that it's a decision every person needs to make from themselves. I'm not going to judge someone else - I don't want the government involved in anyone's personal life. It's not a decision I believe I would make personally, but I want to have that option legally.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I agree with Sabrina
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• "Really, should be Pro-Choice vs Anti-Choice"

Very True!!! I believe it is up to each woman. Other people have no right to decide for someone else what is right or wrong. Also, it's usually republicans who are "pro-life" and they are also fiscally conservative. My question to these people are, if abortions became illegal who is going to take care of all of the additional unwanted babies that are born addicted to drugs and are born with diseases like HIV? Who's going to pay for their basic needs, food, shelter clothing? Their healthcare? Their education?
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 2:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I had an abortion when i was in highschool, i try not to think about it as much but i was young and im not tryig to excusse it ,but now im a little older n just take care of myself, if i were to come out pg i wouldnt dare think of doing it again.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I had one when I was 20 and would never suggest that to anyone asking if they should, but then again, I am a firm believer in you have to do what is right for you and your situation. I also had a child at 17 that I put up for adoption 14 months later and know both sides of the issue of unplanned pregnancy. I don't think that we have the right to decide for someone what is right for them. It may not be what some believe is right according to their religious beliefs, but there too, we don't have the right to push our beliefs on to someone else.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 2:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Pro-abortion would mean that someone thinks abortion is a good thing and would plan to have one the situation arose and encourage others to do the same. Pro-choice is understanding that we cannot judge the situations of other people and can't force them to make decisions. Since it's impossible to take the choice away from women (even if abortion was illegal it would still happen, history has proven that) I will support the law that makes sure women have safe alternatives when they make the decision.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 4:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• That's what I ask as well. EVERYONE is pro-choice, just most hope that someone chooses to save a life rather then end it. I don't think anyone is actually pro-abortion, but some see it as a means to an end.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I am Pro-Choice. I would not have an abortion unless it was to save my life. I have three children and to try to carry another that puts my life at risk is selfish. I would be risking taking a mother away from the other 3 children. But I will not force another woman to carry a child they do not want. She will find a way to end it and it maybe in some back alley where she could die. I am pro-choice with pro-life tendencies.
    Sarasahmof3

Answer by Sarasahmof3 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Being pro-choice means we want NO govt into our personal lives. The way it should be. Govt involved in forcing pregnancies only can lead to govt deciding how we give birth, how many kid we can/cannot have, etc. I would never have an abortion unless medically necessary b/c I think it is selfish of me to leave my son and husband without a mother and wife. My son needs a mother, my husband needs a wife, and most of all I want to be here for them.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2010