I am 30 weeks pregnant, and today I got the overwhelming feeling of light headedness, dizzy, and nausea. I never actually threw up, but I haven't felt like this at all through my pregnancy. I had a flash of hotness and had to turn my air up. I have been hot in the last stages of pregnancy, but not like this. It just felt like I needed to lie down before I passed out.I took my temp b/c I thought I might have a fever, but I don't . Is this normal?

This is my first pregnancy, and I know sometimes you can feel sick. but this just seemed weird to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You may want to call the dr and see about getting an appointment- sounds like your blood pressure may be up. When you feel anything "not right" always call the doctor- you know you body and pregnancy so if something feels odd call!
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It does sound like your blood pressure is running a little high.
    bakerbabymom

Answer by bakerbabymom at 12:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I've had a few hot flashes lately (I'm 30 weeks too!). But nothing to the extreme of what you're describing. I agree with candygirl, it sounds like your blood pressure could've gone up without you realizing it. If you've had any issues with hypertension, that could be the problem. But if not, they say preeclampsia (high blood pressure) commonly starts in the third trimester. I think if it happens again you should call your doctor, they'll know what to do.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• It also sounds like it could be a drop in your blood sugar levels. Lay down and eat lean protein and little bit of some type of complex carbs (like whole grain bread). When you get up, get up slowly to avoid that dizzy feeling and just take it easy. If it doesn't go away, call your dr.
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 12:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Have you had your blood glucose test yet for diabetes? It is usually done at 28 weeks. Just curious. I agree with a PP that said it could be low blood sugar. I would make something to eat like a 1/2 turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with a small glass of OJ or milk. I would let the doctor know about your symptoms.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had low blood suger with my pregnancies, I had feelings like this but I would also hyper ventilate. They told me to eat more. I had a tendency to sleep rather than eat.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had that feeling once or twice when I was pregnant. I remember being in class and having to leave, and lay down on a bench in the hallway. I never got it checked out though, so I don't know why it happened.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i bet your blood sugar was too low to handle what physical activity you were doing at the time - if it hapens again just sit down drink some milk or apple juice and you should be back up to par in about 10 to 15 minutes.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2008