2 year old 5 year old and 40 % deet opinions quick please !

ok so my 5 year old found an almost empty can of insect reppellant w/ 40 % deet in it while at my aunts house and sprayed herself and then her 2 year old sister I called poison control and they freaked out at first saying that 40 % was too much then changed her mind and said just give her something to drink and she would be fine I don't know how much got in her mouth but her breath smells like bug spray along with myself it was all over both of them should I go w/ what poison control said or what I don't know !!! I'm freaking out my aunt was only watching them for 5 min.s this is never happening again I can't believe it I'm giving them baths and water to drink but IDK

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Health

• Put an emergency call into your Pediatrician and bathe them in cool water not hot with a lot of soap and srub them Now.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• CALL POISON CONTROL
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 2:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Call you Dr
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Srub = Scrub(sp)
    ILovemyPaulie

• thanks for the answers I called the dr and gave them a bath and all they just said watch them anything out of the ordinary to bring them to er !
    msh88

Comment by msh88 (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2010