2yr old hitting head

So my DH and I have noticed that our son has been hitting his head a lot. Why would he do this? Should we be concerned? He does have seizures and is on meds for it, could it be from that maybe? Or is this just a normal 2yr od thing?

Mipsy

Asked by Mipsy at 2:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My ds does that whenever he is on his highchair, he wants our attentionbut in your case i would call the Dr.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Call your doctor asap. This could be the effects of the medicine or he could be having head pain or minor seizures. Please do not delay.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 2:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My youngest used to bang his head (he'd put his hands down on whatever he was standing near, and once it was our brick fireplace hearth) and bang his forehead when he would get mad or frustrated and my stupid doctor would just tell us to "buy him a helmet". Never suggested having him tested for any reasons why he might be doing this. We later had him evaluated, once he was in school for a few years and a teacher noticed certain things he would do, that he was Autistic. He has Asperger's Syndrome. His banging his head was his way of expressing his frustration because he did not know how to do it otherwise. I wish our doctor would've been more educated at the time and we could've known a lot sooner.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 2:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I second calling the Dr
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Ask your Dr!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:20 PM on Sep. 6, 2010