for those that have wirless internet. Do you know the code on the back of the modem do you know if you can have 2 of those?

The thing is our neighbor was using our wirless for a while then they got internet then they just resently has it shutoff and now they are (were) using it again. So I called yesterday to have the code changed which they walked me half way through then I done the rest myself. But the thing is every now and then my wireless button is green again (which it normally isn't doing anything unless someone is using the wirless internet) I am not using it right now I am on the desk top and my laptop is turned off. Is there any other ways they can get access to my internet without the passcode? Can I have made a new passcode, but maybe somehow not deleted the other?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in About CafeMom

• dh said you can reset the modem,
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have no idea. the only i know that i can access someones wireless network with out a password is if that person has it UNSECURED. if its secured i have no way of accessing it with out a password
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• you can have it secure , we have a password set with ours and we have it so only those who have the passcode can use it
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• ya we do have it secure. They used there computer over my house onetime and I didn't know thast it saves it into the computer (It was when we just got it so we were new to it) so then I found out that they were using our internet all the time. I told them we were getting it shut off so then they did get their own service, but they just recently got theirs shut off so now they were back to using mine again so I changed the password, but I think they might still be using it because the wireless light is on. It is usally off when I don't have my laptop on.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Do you have netflix streaming to the tv or anything like that?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Even if you have a WEP key, that doesn't necessarily mean your neighbor hasn't bypassed it. To determine if he or she is logging onto your wireless network, you can do so by checking your wireless network log. To do this, click your Start Menu in Microsoft Windows, then double-click My Network Places. Next, double-click View Entire Network. If there are more devices connected than you have allowed on your network, you have WiFi thieves.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how-to-tech/how-to-detect-stealing-wifi.htm/printable
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• we have the internet hooked up to the playstation.....
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2010