What does Politics & Current Events mean to you?

Also why do you vote down people's votes. Must be because you don't like them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• P & CE is kind of a catch all to me-
    Down votes- who really notices or cares- it just means someone disagrees with what you said-its not like they count for anything meaningful.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 4:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• The questions should be regarding, well, Politics, or Current Events.

Current event being something that has been in the news, or is affecting a large amount of people.

I don't know what's up with the downvotes today. There are a ton.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:20 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It means what it says Politics and Current Events. Cant define it anymore.

I only vote down if the answer was uncalled for such as calling another person names etc. I don't like their answer I cant say I dontlike them since I dont know them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Oh and to answer the question....it means a place where POLITICAL and HEADLINE NEWS are discussed. What does the section "Pregnancy" mean to you?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I wonder if the little trolls running around downvoting everything today even realize that they only way it has an impact (takes points away or gets someone flagged for review by cm) is if they downvotes are done to anon answers? Guessing not. Oh well, here you get, get your cyber rocks off with another answer to downvote. You'll run out eventually.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Aww lovin...it's funny, but they'll run out soon, and then when a comment/post ticks them off, they won't be able to secretly vote it down--they'll have to respond in the post and risk being found out! So many people have NO IDEA that even anonymously they have the same writing style or words/phrases as when they are not anon...ie: "@@" LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• trouble...I can almost bet I will get a vote down or two just for being here~and people who have the awards in this area~on my guard!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 2:54 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I only vote down an answer I disagree with. I don't know anyone on here well enough to dislike them. I have disliked some things that have been said but not the people. How can you dislike someone you've never met?

Politics and Current events is exactly what it sounds like. A discussion of the political arena and what's currently going on in the world.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• In my opinion that is.
    sopranomommy

• Ditto, all 8...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:32 PM on Sep. 5, 2010