Can a spider live inside my vacuum canister with dust, hair, dirt?

last week i woke up and i had my son in my arms (hes 4 months old) i was walking into my kitchen and i saw a big ass black spider on my wall near the trash can and a broom hanging on the wall. which is also near the front door. Well it wasnt a black widow, recluse.. it was Black, and big as a baby mice.. Maybe the size of the palm of your hand. i am pretty sure it came through the front door some where. i had to get the hose of the vacuum. its inside the canister still and im not wanting to remove it. Can it still be alive in there?

busybumblebe848

Asked by busybumblebe848 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Thats scary! dont they sell some kind of carpet cleaner to kill like dust mites or something idk if that would be strong enough but i would spray that over my carpet n hope it kills the spider if its living in there
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• When I worked at Merry Maids we would vacuum up spiders all the time. Boss lady said that any bugs were killed within a minute of the vacuum being on, something about the heat kills them.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 2:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i would think so.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 2:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• um i would say yes. ive vacummed up bugs and i take it out side and dump it. you can dump it into the toilet and flush. good luck im sooooo scared of spiders its comical
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• lol, ive always been scared of that too..thats why when i vaccuum one up, i leave the vaccuum going for like at least 2 minutes..LOL just to make sure!!!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'm actually surprised it didn't find it's way out! Ew! I'm sooo glad DH does that kind of yucky stuff for me! I would toss the canister out the door and then run in the house. Later I would go out and move it around with a big stick to make sure it was gone! Yep. That would be my plan!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• It either found it's way out or I'm betting it's dead. Just dump it in the garbage, if alive kill it, if not, your problem will be over. I hate spiders and snakes too.......

zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes, and it could also find its way out the same way it got in.
    If you think it might still be alive then I would suggest emptying out the canister right away and taking the trash bag out of the house immediately.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2010