UGH Animal Pee Smell

So My husband and I bought some leather couches for 30 bucks at a garage sale.. and they are comforatble and pretty clean and we didn't have any problem until we got inside and relaxed for awhile... one part of the couch smells like animal pee.. idk if its cat or dog or what but idk what to use on it.. I've never had to clean a leather couch but it grosses me out so i want the smell gone.. what do i do?

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 2:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I don't know if you can use it on a leather couch, but vinegar works really well on cat pee. Just wipe it down with a vinegar and water solution, that might help.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• ive seen those "as seen on tv" product at walmart, i know they have this pet cleaner thing , u might want to check it out, i know walmart has a whole section of that as seen on tv.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• There is this stuff called Nature's Miracle, and you can usually find it at pet stores. I'm not positive that it's safe for leather, but I know that it completely takes away the smell of pee. It actually eats the pee that's causing the smell. It's about $7.00 a bottle, and works great!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Vinegar, dish soap and warm water might work. You could try adding baking soda, too. But if it's been there a long time then you just wasted $30. Try checking with the vet. They usually carry products for that. Tea tree oil is good for that, too. Mix it with the vinegar compound. You will likely have to apply it several times. Cat urine is the hardest thing to get rid of.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 2:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Vinegar, but I don't know how it will do in leather...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• http://www.epinions.com/review/Natures_Miracle_Natures_Miracle_Stain_And_Odor_Remover/content_137467760260

http://www.genuineproklean.com/leathercleaner.html

I've used Nature's Miracle on my carpet for my dog's when they were puppies and on an upholstered sofa when my 3 year old neice was taking a nap on it and had in accident, both with great results; but I have never tried it on leather.

I googled "Nature's Miracle on Leather" for you and came up with these 2 links. I hope they are helpful! :)
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 3:02 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Well we bought extra strength fabreze and that worked really good i think.. i haven't been able to smell it since.. and i woulda used the vinegar but it wasn't my couch and i couldn't figure out exactly where the smell was coming from so the spray was easier to use cuz i could squirt it everywhere
    Jan0609momma

Comment by Jan0609momma (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2010